Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 »

Re: Would you pay to fish a PA trout stream?

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

littlejuniata wrote:
Too many here don't want solutions

No, we just want well though out solutions that work. that is what we are trying to do here. Think it through. but you don't want to listen.

Quote:
If you would just admit you are too cheap to pay that would help

Het, I'll admit I'm cheap. almost as cheap as Jack. But I'm not to cheap to pay a little extra if it makes sense. I pay DU membership dues every year, and I never hunted duck in my life. Why? because of what they do for the environment, including buying easements.

Quote:
mo that last post is crap

what is your solution?

If we are thinking of the same response, then I disagree with you. Mo made some sense and did actualy propose something other than a completely overgeneralized knee jerk reaction like your's. and that is all your's was and continues to be, and you refuse to listen to anything constructive.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 6:31

I'm just curious.

can i change my vote now?

Posted on: 2010/2/25 6:39

Today's lesson

Even counting the mods there are at the most 10 cheapskates.

THANKFULLY

By your actions you seem to think that the landowner actually needs the fish commission.

" I paid for my license and stamp now get your *j out there and stock MY streams, access is your problem not mine"

ROFLMAO

If you have a decent water supply there is not much easier raise than trout

time for some more painting hahahahah

Posted on: 2010/2/25 6:47

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

From Monessen, PA
Our laws allow private control of running waters, by allowing streambed ownership, but the running waters of this state and the inhabitants thereof belong to the people. This is why an owner of land can only harvest the state maximum from streams on his property and only in proper season.

But that our laws allow control, this does not make it right. Watercourses are public resources. Many societies see it that way with regard to use as well as ownership, just not ours. Fortunately, despite their right to control access many, many landowners share the view that a stream is a public resource. These are those generous souls that do not post their land unless or until provoked to do so by careless or mindless members of the public that use that person's land to access the resource.

We need to unite with these landowners and cultivate that friendship by adopting their stream corridor, policing it and cleaning and maintaining it. Many groups, such as TU, recognize this obligation and each of us can be involved in the effort either with a group or each on his own by behaving as a steward of any land-- public or private-- that we fish on.

Those landowners that would sell to the highest bidder should not be our target to try to compete with money to outbid all private bidders. It is a bad model and unnecessary to boot. In certain select areas where it appears absolutely necessary, then the state should consider making easement or property purchases to guaranty access for some definite or indefinite period of time.

If this is just the rationalization of a cheapskate, then I take full credit for it.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:03

-- Leo Tolstoy

From Harrisburg
The land barons aint gonna like them words Jack

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:25

From Monessen, PA
The land Barons are not my friends. We underestimate the generosity of many landowners when we think of them all in the same group.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:26

-- Leo Tolstoy

Very well said, Jack. (the long response)

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:30

For the most part you re talking about older landowners, I am sure there are many lands that are passed down with the thought from the older owner that the lands be kept ope to the public

the slippery slope is

"The Younger The Landowner The More Likely He Is To Post Or Sell"

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:40

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

Quote:

littlejuniata wrote:
For the most part you re talking about older landowners, I am sure there are many lands that are passed down with the thought from the older owner that the lands be kept ope to the public

the slippery slope is

"The Younger The Landowner The More Likely He Is To Post Or Sell"

Actually, the older I get, the more likely I am willing to post or sell. But that is just me.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:44

From Pa
Quote:
Chaz Blurted Out From The Back Of The Classroom:

Festes, how long do you think it's been that Ressica Falls was unknown? 100 years, 200 years? They've been fishing the Poconos since the early 1800's

Sometimes reading it out loud to yourself helps. So I reposted it for your convenience. You're welcome.

Quote:
I voted no, then came across this reminder about Ressica Falls. There was a day when I would have paid $100 to fish that water. But that was before anybody knew much about it and a guy could count on having Piano Pool all to himself during the week. Surely wouldn't even be worth even $20 these days. So I guess my answer is still no..

Posted on: 2010/2/25 8:11

From Pretty much everywhere at some point, Thorndale today.
Quote:
you buy the permit from the local officall
issuer. For the stream you wish to fish

So you need a new one for each stream?

Consider guy A who fishes 40 different streams 1 time each.
vs. guy B who fishes 1 stream 40 times.

Since they made exactly the same number of angler trips, i.e. they require the same total number of "access hours", why is it that guy A has to pay 40 times as much for his access as guy B?

Or am I totally off base, and you intended to need a new permit every day?

Posted on: 2010/2/25 8:25

From Monessen, PA
Look into stream rationing in western NC. I believe that's where they do it. Like making an application for a campsite in a state park, they control the number of anglers on a few DH-type streams, heavily stocked with pigs if I'm not mistaken. Or maybe it's Georgia.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 8:28

-- Leo Tolstoy

It's a day permit
the streams were perfect as were the fish even grayling, it was in the landowners best interest to keep it that way.

no pellet pigs

Posted on: 2010/2/25 8:45

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

From Greensburg, PA
So where do you get this day permit. And what if i decide to just get up now and go fish. Will the permit salesman be there to meet me at the stream. And all streams are pollution free this very day thanks to all the land owners?

Maybe you can pay that pesticide manufacturer to let you fish from his side of the creek. I am sure he'd take your money.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 8:55

for the forum

Just get it through your computer

print it out

pull up the county

the landowner

enter his number

pay your""??

PRINT IT OUT

no fee transaction no print

Posted on: 2010/2/25 9:03

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

« 1 ... 13 14 15 (16) 17 18 19 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes 95% (139)
No 0% (0)
Thinking about it 4% (6)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com