Would You Fish This Pool?

JackM

JackM

Staff member
If, so, how? How many casts? In what order? Am I already standing too close?

Diagrams superimposed are acceptable replies. :cool:

FishPool1_1200.jpg

Yeah, my first cast would be right where the two currents on the far side come together, I would let it drift in under the tree roots, but I would only fish it after a rain.

Chaz wrote:
... but I would only fish it after a rain.

I hear you loud and clear.

But, what about now?

Attachments

• NowWhatsTheAnswer.jpg
    NowWhatsTheAnswer.jpg
    230.6 KB · Views: 2
With the Bimbo screwing it up, I would pass on fishing that spot and move up stream..

I'd put my fist dry fly right above the tan rock in the middl , using the rock to lay my line on to reduce drag , the second one would go over by the undercut roots , repeat.

That tan rock has a nice shape to it.

JackM wrote:
If, so, how? How many casts? In what order? Am I already standing too close?

Diagrams superimposed are acceptable replies. :cool:

FishPool1_1200.jpg
Why wouldn't you fish that little pool, after taking all the time and effort to get on the stream to begin with? One cast, and I'd be on my way.

Thats the hottest midget I've ever seen....

I would fish it probably three casts total one in the middle between the currents second to the left current and third the one closest to me. and i would not be that close at least 4 or 5 steps back from there

Sure I'd fish it. And yes, I think you're too close already. I'd stay back further and make about two casts in there. Nothing fancy, just throw a fly up in there.

pcray1231 wrote:
Thats the hottest midget I've ever seen....

I thought she was a Nymph. Now who likes nymphng? ;-)

Yeaa Jack your too close and your obviously standing. Id be on my knees behind the first roundish rock on the bottom of the pic.

Id put my dropper dry right off the point formed by ospreys tan rock. There Id pick up a small YoY brookie. Quickly get it in and release it w/o disturbing the larger pool.

THen move to the right corner, still on my knees and finish the job in the big plunge pool. Theres an 8 incher in there!

Im being pretty optimistic arent I?

Brookiebuster............optimism is one of the biggest keys to success , seriously , i'm sure , i could get that midget on that rock.

4 casts. Depends on the canopy above whether I would be on my knees. 2 fish from this hole. As for, "is he to close already"...well now, that could be a trick. How can you tell from the pic how close he really is? He could be on top of the hole or he might have a really nice camera with a telephoto lens or digital zoom (and cropped the photo how ever he wanted). In any event...awsome hole! Thanks for posting this. This is the kind of stuff that makes this site great and helpful for beginners!!!

Attachments

• FishPool1_1200 1.JPG
    FishPool1_1200 1.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 2
Really......were this bored that were going to over analyze something like this. Correct me if I'm wrong, is this a brook trout stream? If so then I'd take a high floating dry with a small beadhead dropper and make four or five cast and nothing eats then I'd move on to the next run. It's not F888ing brain surgery it's brook trout fishing it supposed to fun right? Not some giant cluster f888 that takes 20 5 star generals to develop a battle plan on how to catch the over aggressive fish that hasn't eaten in two days!

Agree w/ Patrick's casts.

LOL. Well said Alpa.

She's waring too much. Second I'd tell her to get the H$* outa there she's standing on fish. Maybe make one cast where the babe is standing, then over to the junction of the two currents on the far side and let it drift down under the tree roots. BUT would never through it into the middle of the pool, I'm looking for the largest fish in the pool, not the smallest.

If a babe like that is standing in the pool and your worried about fish there something wrong with you!

Alpabuck wrote:
Really......were this bored that were going to over analyze something like this. Correct me if I'm wrong...
OK, since you ask. It's we're, not were. That's not brain surgery! lol

Back