HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4)

Re: Wild vs Stockies

From West Chester
Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
I flyfish for wild and stocked trout. I have seen stocked fish that have been in the water a while that are as hard to catch as a wild fish. You guys who say you fish ONLY over wild fish are missing ALOT of fun!

BINGO, we have a winner. It's about having fun and in some cases you only have a short time to fish. Would I rather catch a wild trout? Sure I would, but I also want to enjoy my time and a tug brings enjoyment. I sure as hell ain't out there for the heck of it.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 7:45

From Chester County

FishIdiot is a SMB idiot (and musky too!)

Paco is a Musky man, for sure

Fredrick loves stripers in the surf

Chaz is a native guy

Pittflyguy is a carper

Gfen fishes his secret stream, near home, with classic/off beat flies and retro / remanufactured gear.

Lestrout loves fishing dries to tough trout...stocked or wild.

Pcray is small stream wild/native trout guy.

And on and on.....

No right....no wrong....just different.

Hey, they all love FFing. It's all about doing it in their own way and having fun!........

Posted on: 2013/4/26 8:12

From Central, PA
All good points and well said. I will always say fishing stock trout isn't a challenege but that doesn't mean you can't fish for them.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:00

From Perkasie PA
I'm lucky enough to have wild trout within a half hour drive and stocked trout within a 2 minute walk.

Both have their moments where they are incrediblly picky and incredibly stupid.

While fishing for stockies over the past few weeks, unless I'm just going for some quick fun or trying to outfish the bait guys, I've been avoiding the buggers and junk flies and exclusively fishing dries.

I was on some stocked fish that were rising last night and I had to switch flies 5 times to get a take. After that it was game on.

For some reason, they wanted size 16 sulphurs. Nothing else would even get a look. But I bet these same fish would have fought each other to take an egg fly bounced down the feeding path.

If you want a challenge, try fishing a technique that would make it more difficult to catch a fish. It's all the more better once you finally hook one.

I'm thankful for the stocked fish very close to me. No wild trout elitism here.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:17

From Central, PA
It's not real hard to think it thru dub If you lived here you would not fish stock trout lol

Posted on: 2013/4/26 9:43

From Philadelphia PA

It is not hard to think it thru that getting a quality response (post) out of some people may be difficult. Maybe my post should have been to compare Stockies vs Humans.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 10:44
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Central, PA
was 100% a quality response (post) and fact. I should retract some of my comments about being a challenge though I guess when they want pellets it could be a challenge to catch them lol

Posted on: 2013/4/26 10:53

From Philadelphia PA
How do we know what exactly a trout wants to eat. We humans become accustomed to certain dishes - it does not mean we want the same thing all the time!!
Some would say that they (trout) have an 11 second memory and yet it is seldom we catch the same trout every 11 seconds.
Even stocked trout learn from trial and error - and will no longer hit powerbaits, certain flies, and pellets. There are several Palaminos swimming in Pennypack Park that won't hit anything I've laid down to them. They seam to be smart enough to watch other fish get hooked and realize it is danger. I do wonder if they will starve themselves to death.

Since they are stocked fish I will not ask you (Hook_Jaw) for any recommended flies or nymphs. Nor with your response will I take it seriously since you do not fish for stockies.

Anyways, if your not fishing for stocked trout when they are so plentiful this time of year you may be letting yourself down.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 11:36
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Perkasie PA
Quote:

Hook_Jaw wrote:
It's not real hard to think it thru dub If you lived here you would not fish stock trout lol

and if you lived here, you would.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 11:46

From Central, PA
dub I would agree with that but maybe not might just bass fish lol. Penny that's fine if you want advice in non stock trout fishing Im more then happy to talk lol

Posted on: 2013/4/26 12:45

From Valley Forge
Just close this thread please, it has less to do with the subject and more to do with arrogance in my opinion. Who cares? I couldnt imagine checking this thread 20 times a day to talk down on people who fish for stocked fish. Save it. End of story

Posted on: 2013/4/26 12:48

From Central, PA
Thanks for your concern Nick have a nice day don't forget to crimp your barbs off your hooks.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 12:51

From Valley Forge
^ my point exactly

Posted on: 2013/4/26 12:53

From Central, PA
Don't read it then it's real simple!! What a slow day at the office. There is no doubt 70% of the fisherman on here agree with the stock trout no challenge theory they just don't want to ruffle feathers which is fine.
You guys misconstrue this as Im being serious about these comments I don't hate people that fish stock trout my brothers fish stock trout they know I hate it but I don't call them a idiot it's life go fishing enjoy it.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 12:57

Edited by Hook_Jaw on 2013/4/26 13:19:49

From State College
Quote:
It is not hard to think it thru that getting a quality response (post) out of some people may be difficult. Maybe my post should have been to compare Stockies vs Humans.

Sums it up.

Posted on: 2013/4/26 13:52

« 1 2 3 (4)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com