Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

Re: Wild vs Stockies

Hook Jaw,
Fishing for stocked trout is much better than "trolling" on the internet.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 13:36

From Central, PA
It's real simple you wanna fish stock trout fish stock trout there's no need to send pictures of stock trout and talk about stock trout being a challenge its no challenge a 20 inch stock trout is dumber then a 2 inch native trout. Ask Joe Humprey he caught a record stock trout lol

Posted on: 2013/4/25 13:40

From West Chester
Hook_Jaw, so you are saying that if you lived far from wild trout you would not trout fish at all because they are stockies?

Talk about elitism...............

Posted on: 2013/4/25 13:46

From Central, PA
I probaly would fish stock trout your correct.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 13:58

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

Hook_Jaw wrote:
It's real simple you wanna fish stock trout fish stock trout there's no need to send pictures of stock trout and talk about stock trout being a challenge its no challenge a 20 inch stock trout is dumber then a 2 inch native trout. Ask Joe Humprey he caught a record stock trout lol

Actually you're wrong. A 2" native brook is pretty easy to catch, actually easier then most stocked trout that have been in Pine for only a couple of months. These fish can become quite selective.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:02

From Central, PA
It's your right to think whatever you want Brad I agree that being able to fish Penns, Spring, or Fishing Creek has jaded my vision about fishing once you fish them I don't think you even think about stock trout but living in places with not having that I guess you have to fish stock trout.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:08

From Philadelphia PA
P.S. Hook_Jaw: Fishing stocked trout is better than fishing supermarket trout anyday. So when I have a choice - I'll catch a few for my girlfriend. Most of the time it's a "catch and release thing". The ones that are really a challenge are the Palaminos.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:11

Edited by PennypackFlyer on 2013/4/25 14:28:41
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From NC PA Mountains
Quote:

Hook_Jaw wrote:
It's your right to think whatever you want Brad I agree that being able to fish Penns, Spring, or Fishing Creek has jaded my vision about fishing once you fish them I don't think you even think about stock trout but living in places with not having that I guess you have to fish stock trout.

You also have the right to think whatever you want, but it does not make your comment correct. You also have a misconception of where I fish & what type, either stocked or wild. I also have fished all of the above. Your jaded vision might be a little clearer if you got your nose out of....

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:13

From Central, PA
Brad theres no misconception at all I would of thought you would have fished all of the above lol penny was that a joke? sounds just like a philly comment would LETS GO PENS

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:27

Edited by Hook_Jaw on 2013/4/25 14:48:53

From Philadelphia PA
lol Looks like i'm busted. You're just too clever for me.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:32
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Central, PA
penny I wish I could say its ok the flyers suck because it's baseball season but the phillies suck too along with the eagles and sixers

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:35

My, my, my -- what I've been missing by being out fishing till I got injured. Anyhow:
Troutbert hits it about right. Though I certainly prefer to fish for wild trout, if I lived in an area where that option was not readily available, I would enthusiastically fish for stocked trout. I think where you live will determine what type of trout you can fish for, and it really does not do anyone any good to hammer him or her for fishing for the type of trout that are available to him or her. Not everyone can afford to take big road trips with today's gas prices.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:49

From Central, PA
I only troll the internet 8-4 then fish 4 till dark

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:57

From Philadelphia PA
I noticed that your profile does not list the Steelers!! And they are a good team.
Anyways....I'm here in Philly and there are no wild trout in my neck of the city - So my choice is between something on ice at the supermarket or something that put's up a little bit of a fight/gives me a bit of enjoyment and relieves stress. That is unless I want to drive for several hours.

"It's a shame that this fun topic turned into someone putting down other's enjoyment, sports teams, etc. for their own pleasure."

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:57

From Berks County
Quote:

Hook_Jaw wrote:
penny I wish I could say its ok the flyers suck because it's baseball season but the phillies suck too along with the eagles and sixers

Are you like 12 years old? Wow, I have no idea how a thread about stocked versus wild trout all of a sudden brings a comment about how Philly teams suck.

I would MUCH rather fish for wild trout, but about 10 percent of the time I do fish for stocked fish. I would never criticize someone if they can only fish for stocked trout. It's still fishing.

Posted on: 2013/4/25 14:59

« 1 (2) 3 4 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (27)
Who cares? It beats work. 31% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com