Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Wild or Not Bow

From Along the Lehigh Above the Gap
I believed the fingerling stocking had been discontinued. That is what had caused myself to be confused. Not hard though.

Posted on: 2013/6/10 0:19

From York County
That Berks Co. bow looks awefully pale for a juvenile wild trout.

Here is one from my area, photo is also in the the fish photos section on the site.

Attach file:

jpg  925.jpg (54.78 KB)
1899_51b89caf55e8c.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2013/6/12 12:07

From Mount Joy, PA
Good one Gaeron!!! +1

Definitely looks just like the RT fingerlings that were stocked in the Donegal last year. It threw me off until I started asking questions and got edumacated about the adipose fin. On your fish, as Krayfish pointed out, lack of visible adipose fin definitely points to some type of control group.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 12:13

Quote:

wgmiller wrote:
On your fish, as Krayfish pointed out, lack of visible adipose fin definitely points to some type of control group.

Hey thanks for restating what has already been determined 3 days later.

Don't encourage Gaeron, I am trying to shape him into a responsible adult and do not want you corrupting him.

If you do not watch yourself, I will only take you next Friday to where these fish are and force you to catch 5 inch rainbows.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 12:18

From D-Town
I too think wild bows are some of the hardest to distinguish. Here is another wild Berks County wild bow. Maybe a little pale in comparison to some of the brighter colors on other wild bows but this bow had more vivid tan colors on its fins scales that appear to be much smaller and more sleek, and a tannish hue on it's body. Granted small wild bows are not something I come across often in PA unless I am targeting them in specific streams so I really cannot say what really classifies as a wild bow as unique but this one really is a bit different than most others I have seen. To be honest I wish we had more of them around these parts. This little fish was one of the prettiest I have ever seen.

Attach file:

jpg  wild bow berks.jpg (199.53 KB)
6447_51b8a53083252.jpg 1072X804 px

Posted on: 2013/6/12 12:43

clearly stocked from your aquarium.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 12:45

From D-Town
You got me Becker! If they are stocking some fingerling bows in your neck of the woods I would say you should have some pretty exciting fishing in the fall once those fish put on some weight. I am going to keep that in mind... I have been missing Riverwalcks!

Posted on: 2013/6/12 13:09

From Mount Joy, PA
Quote:

SBecker wrote:
If you do not watch yourself, I will only take you next Friday to where these fish are and force you to catch 5 inch rainbows.

Yes Sensei Becker. My apologies. For my indiscretion, I will wax on, wax off two times! I don't want to do anything to jeopardize an opportunity to fish with you before you replace Curtis Fleming

Riverwalcks... Hmmm.... I seem to remember ending up there last year.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 13:31

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

wgmiller wrote:
Quote:

SBecker wrote:

Yes Sensei Becker. My apologies. For my indiscretion, I will wax on, wax off two times!

Way too much information.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 13:43

Quote:

NickR wrote:
You got me Becker! If they are stocking some fingerling bows in your neck of the woods I would say you should have some pretty exciting fishing in the fall once those fish put on some weight. I am going to keep that in mind... I have been missing Riverwalcks!

They have been stocking them for years. I really can not say I have caught many bows on this stream. All those fingerlings they have stocked pretty much disappear. Browns, walleye, striper bait? No idea.

RiverWalcks is the standard after fishing beering hole. Then again, secret wing place is a standard lunch fishing stop.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 15:01

From D-Town
Careful, dont want to spot burn your secret wing spot... I can just picture you with a bright neon shirt that reads "if you can read this your too close" with a pile of wing bones, mumbling obscenities at other customers who encroach on your space.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 15:14

Quote:

NickR wrote:
Careful, dont want to spot burn your secret wing spot... I can just picture you with a bright neon shirt that reads "if you can read this your too close" with a pile of wing bones, mumbling obscenities at other customers who encroach on your space.

Only people I have ever shown this mystical place were a select few from the Pocono Newbie Jam. I will not reveal their names, so that you will not harass them for information.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 15:26

From Mount Joy, PA
Po mini-jam next Friday??? Riverwalck afterwards? I'll bring my chaps...

Posted on: 2013/6/12 15:46

From D-Town
I would go with you Geo but I will be working next Friday.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 20:41

From LV
If all the ones you caught were the same size my bet is that they are stocked fingerlings.

Posted on: 2013/6/12 20:57

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com