Who needs a boat!?!

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
Some great Yellowstone scenery and some shots of cutts, but you have to check the guy out in this video.....he's amazing.

http://www.mikekasicsound.com/FishMan.swf

Great video - thanks for posting the link. Clearly, this is a fella with a true feel for his favorite river and literally a very different perspective. I've done some snorkeling in shallow saltwater for the purpose of observing fishes and I've been tempted to try it in some slack areas of larger warm water rivers (Dave Whitlock does it). Rivers with fast current and boulders would scare me away for sure though. I suspect this fella comes from a background in white water kayaking (note helmet) or maybe surfing and he's long ago overcome his fear of crashing waves and white water. Anyway, cool video.

Nice find. I enjoyed it. This guy apparently is very experienced and knows how to avoid recirculating hyrdraulics, etc. Dangerous stuff if you don't know what you are doing.

Kinda cool to see my backyard from that perspective. I have a diving mask in my boat just so I can take a swim and see what I can see. This has inspired me to do that.

Thanks for the post.

Back