Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: Who do you think is in the wrong?

From Philadelphia PA
I was detained for about an hour in VA back in the 80's or 90's until it was proved that I did not need to change my CA tags on my car while serving in the military.

From this point I believe there are 3 choices:
Pay the fine and forget about it
Fight it in Court
Stay out of PA and hope it don't catch up to you in the future.

The first route is the easiest/cheapest and best route to take.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 12:09
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From Other side of the tracks
There was a time in my life when I moved around a lot. Once got pulled over for speeding on I-80 in the middle of PA. At the time I had a Connecticut Drivers license and a New Jersey license plate, and if he would have checked, I had a PA address on my insurance card.

Truck was full of luggage and I was headed to Connecticut to close on a house I had just sold.

"Who's truck is this?" I told him I leased it in NJ, which wasn't a lie.

I only got a verbal warning. Either I have a very honest face, or he didn't want to take the time to figure all that out.

5 miles down the road he was set up with his radar on again, but that time I was going exactly the speed limit.

I would have assumed that if he bought the license when he was still a resident, then it should be good for the whole year.

What would I have done? Parked my vehicle at your house and made you drive.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 12:21

From Monessen, PA
Pay the fine-- Yes.
Lose respect for all law enforcers-- No.
Realize there are some law enforcers that don't know how to spot a real criminal-- Maybe.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 13:09

From Butler, Pa
Oh well I guess only thing to do now is to overthrow the King of Prussia. Im glad most of you guys see it as the right vs wrong (morally) idea. That's all. We can put this to rest and move on.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 22:45

From Eastern PA
I am glad the WCO did his job and issued the ticket and subsequent fine. The guy knew perfectly well that he was not a resident of PA, so why would he remotely assume that he could use a resident license? This concept of "dumb, dumb didn't know better" or "hot blondes should not get speeding tickets" is a bastardization of law. I got pulled over in Centre county last week doing 86 in a 55. Guy didn't write me a ticket. Why the hell pull me over? You know I am going to do it again. Hell, I did it 5 minutes later. It's absurd. Break the law, pay the penalty imo.

Complain, complain, complain about the lack of funding for PFBC and then get pissed when someone gets a ticket and generates some revenue? Breaking the licensing law is a lesser offense than harvesting some stupid stocked trout out of season? Seems like yet again people are concerned with what fits their needs best.

timmyt, your disrespect of law enforcement and name calling is pathetic.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 22:45

From Butler, Pa
OH one more thing Penny after we got in the car, my buddy just goes "youre paying the fine!" I said "what" he goes "its your fault you should have drove!!"

Posted on: 2013/4/30 22:46

From Butler, Pa
Jdaddy your disregard for the law and others on the roadway is pathetic

Posted on: 2013/4/30 22:48

From Eastern PA
Quote:

StarvinMarvin wrote:
Jdaddy your disregard for the law and others on the roadway is pathetic

Exactly. I should be ticketed in order to learn my lesson, correct?

And to answer your question, it is your friend who is in the wrong.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 23:45

Jdaddy, you should just send the speeding fine in anyway, cut them a check, write a letter to go with it and explain what happened. Do the right thing man, you broke the law, you should have to pay to be taught a lesson according to your own words above.

Whats pathetic and quite frankly sad is that there are so many people out there in the world like yourself who don't have the ability the think outside the box or grasp the concept that things aren't always black and white. More often than not life plays out in many many different shades of grey and you have to interpret things as they come, THINK, and react accordingly.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 0:16

tony300wby,

I wouldn't know what our countries prisons are like or consist of in terms of their populations i have never been to one.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 0:22

From Lansdale
"Thinking outside the box" does not include doing whatever you feel like doing whenever you feel like it.
timmyt, are you, by any chance a college student? This is the same kind of attitude you read in the comments section of a college town newspaper. Society cannot function correctly if some members decide to make up their own rules. Example: west Philadelphia.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 5:49

Quote:

jdaddy wrote:
I am glad the WCO did his job and issued the ticket and subsequent fine. The guy knew perfectly well that he was not a resident of PA, so why would he remotely assume that he could use a resident license? This concept of "dumb, dumb didn't know better" or "hot blondes should not get speeding tickets" is a bastardization of law. I got pulled over in Centre county last week doing 86 in a 55. Guy didn't write me a ticket. Why the hell pull me over? You know I am going to do it again. Hell, I did it 5 minutes later. It's absurd. Break the law, pay the penalty imo.

Leave it to jdaddy to complain about getting pulled over and NOT getting a ticket. LOL!

Posted on: 2013/5/1 7:36

Quote:

StarvinMarvin wrote:
OH one more thing Penny after we got in the car, my buddy just goes "youre paying the fine!" I said "what" he goes "its your fault you should have drove!!"

The way I see it, it's your buddies fault

1. For not insisting that you drive.
2. For fishing in a "special" stream where chances of being checked are MUCH greater.
3. For parking there with an out of state license (can combine with number 1).
4. For fishing that close to the parking area while doing the above.
5. For not making himself scarce when another vehicle pulled in, OR when a stranger approached.

For poachers, you guys aren't very bright.

P.S. I'm joking... more or less.

The original question was who was in the wrong. Technically speaking that would be the one who got the ticket. If you don't think you will like the answer, then don't ask the question.

The fish cop was just doing his job, but I likely would have cut your buddy some slack if he indeed moved after the license purchase. Then again, didn't he know he was going to move and only bought it before hand to save a few bucks? And what are the odds, he bought it after he moved, but before he changed his drivers license. Like most stories, we aren't hearing all of it.

I've lived in 5 states, and and PA twice, so I always held off changing my drivers license to save money, ... and so I could still buy a PA resident hunting of fishing license. I lived in NJ for over a year and never did get a drivers license from there. Had I gotten caught, I'd have paid the fine, but I was already a seasoned poacher by then.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 7:45

Quote:

timmyt wrote:
Jdaddy, you should just send the speeding fine in anyway, cut them a check, write a letter to go with it and explain what happened. Do the right thing man, you broke the law, you should have to pay to be taught a lesson according to your own words above.

Whats pathetic and quite frankly sad is that there are so many people out there in the world like yourself who don't have the ability the think outside the box or grasp the concept that things aren't always black and white. More often than not life plays out in many many different shades of grey and you have to interpret things as they come, THINK, and react accordingly.

THINK?

The dude had a resident license, and wasn't a resident. Period. It's really that simple. There is no 'outside the box'. There is no extrapolation, no grey area. This is pretty black and white.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 8:18

From Eastern PA
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:

Leave it to jdaddy to complain about getting pulled over and NOT getting a ticket. LOL!

As you would say, "I'm just saying". LOL.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 9:51

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com