Who Needs Flordia

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

60 degrees here on the South Slope

I still have summer flowers on the back deck

May take a trip up to the "J"

check for spawners

LJ- I might revive this post in January.

where is flordia?

anywhere near the juanita river?

My rose bushes are still blooming.

My dandelions are still growing.

No spawners or risers but I did see a nice 15 16 inch Brown lazily finning in the clear waters near Pemberton

Totally awesome weather mid 60s

The trout was "on the fin" and I am pretty sure he would have taken on top, since he was in water about 6-12 inches deep, feeding opportunisticly (spell check) nah phonetics works

was that true measure or a little fishy?
I caught a humungous bluefish this am and then a little leery of bringing it in the kayak.

Not a florida but there is a Mexico near the Juniata.........really , and a cuba mills.

I have a friend who moved up our way from Florida and some times, he gets homesick. But rather than spend all that money to fly back and forth, he just gets a ton of sand and dumps it in the middle of his daughter's toy above ground pool until it forms a little island that rises an inch or two above the water's surface. Then he puts a rubber snake, a fake palm tree and an old Walkman playing a CD of traffic noises on top of the sand and Boom, he's right back in Florida. He says it's almost identical to the real thing...

well[deep subject] Florida is a living hell in summer-
but there is no more pleasant place to be this time of year.

and there's no tarpon or bonefish in that swimming pool!!! personally, I love florida, try to get there every winter for at least a week. good fishing everywhere!! love camping in the ocala NF, and the keys are just awesome!!
but yeah, it's been nice here for november. it's coming though

biker- you said it!

One day I am fly fishing in paradise and the next I'm out in the cold scraping snow and ice of the buggy.

burrr...

Attachments

• lastday.jpg
    lastday.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 4
  • rudewelcome.jpg
    rudewelcome.jpg
    669.8 KB · Views: 4
Last year I spent a week down in Florida in January. It was in the 70's and I got to ride a bike in a t-shirt and shorts. Unfortunately, the flight out of State College was cancelled until the next day, and the connecting flight back home from Detroit was cancelled, forcing us to spend the night there. Maybe that will refresh your memory of the typical climate differences, LJ!

LJ..............to answer your question "who needs florida" the first thing that came to mind was the GOP heh

OH,Florida
gee,why didn't he say so?
love it-

On a day like that why aren't you fishing. I would be if I was off.

YEAH what chaz says...........What's bitin down there right now pete? Mike Tyson?

I hit the water at 5am
blues,trout[out of season],jack crevelles,reds

Back