Where do they stock? Help

TUrainbow88

TUrainbow88

Hello all,

I live close to a creek in Wyomissing,(the Wyomissing creek)!!! On th Pa fish and boat website, the stocking schedule says its to meet at the Robesonia Post Office. Is this correct, seeing how thats pretty far from the creek. Does anyone know someone who has helped stock the creek last year and knows where to meet??? Please help me as they meet to stock this Thursday!!!!!

Thanks!

TU - I don't have any specific local knowledge on the stocking of that particular stream, but I do know that many times the stocking trucks are scheduled to go to several streams in the area the same day. I doubt the truck's entire load is going into Wyo, given its size and relatively short ATW section. My guess would be the truck is perhaps going to other streams in the area first, hence the meeting place listed on the PFBC site.

A call to the PFBC might get you info on when they expect to be on Wyo and where specifically they will be stocking.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
They stock that stream?

Yeah, it gets a few Bows, and some bigger ones later in the year for a kids derby I think. Upstream of the section you're probably thinking of Squatch.

The class A list and ATW list use "SR0222" as the boundary. I think this is route 724, which doubles as business 222 in that region, rather than the highway 222. ATW above 724, Class A from there down to museum road.

They do stock the class A section, but for the fishing derby only, I believe. I've caught both stocked bows and brookies in there. I wish they didn't stock it, but ultimately, there are bigger crimes to worry about.

The ATW area they truly stock, but I've never fished it up there, so I couldn't tell you much.

I knew about the kid's derby. Didn't know it was ATW below Museum Rd.

Squatch - ATW above the A section, not below. I know, backwards isn't it, but the lower A section limit (Museum Rd.) is only a couple hundred yards from the mouth at the Skuke.

So right there in the park, is that the class A section?

Yup, ATW above, class A below. Bass ackwards. But lots of limestoners defy normal logic.

So right there in the park, is that the class A section?

S'pose it matters WHICH park you are talking about. But I'm guessing yes, as most of the class A section is park. Go to google maps. Between Museum Rd. and rt 724 is class A.

I live 1/2 mile from the Wyo. The fish commission stocks it from Lancaster Avenue (formerly rte 222) in Shillington upstream through Mohnton. Rte 222 does not go through Shillington anymore.

Thanks for all the info guys! I can always rely on you veteran anglers!!! :)

Back