Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Whats your favorite bead-headed nymph?

From Central Maryland
lv2nymph, I recently started tying and fishing a mink beadhead pattern. It's all mink with just some extra guard hairs mixed in for the thorax area and a gold rib. Easy to tie and I got a mink skin that will tie hundreds for 4 bucks. Can't beat it.

I have to say though that the hare's ear has been my most productive beadhead and therefore my favorite that I fish with the most confidence.

Posted on: 2013/7/3 11:59

From State College
BH Copper Zebra Midge

Posted on: 2013/7/3 12:27

From Ferguson Twp.
Pontus, that sounds like the one I'm tying minus the rib. Here are a few.
Resized Image
I feel the same way about these as you with the hares ear. They work year round as well. They are much darker than they appear in the pic. ( too much light I think)

Posted on: 2013/7/3 21:56

lv2: those look real buggy..........nice

Posted on: 2013/7/3 22:00

From Central Maryland
Those look a lot like mine do. My abdomens are lighter with almost an orange tint to them, and then the thorax is dark brown with all those spiky guard hairs like that. I use black tungsten beads for the head, but very similar pattern nonetheless. Mink is a great material.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 12:02

From Lancaster
lv2nymph totally set me up to catch a nice Spring Creek brownie at the jam this spring on his bead head mink nymph. There is no doubt they work - great pattern! Without him figuring out the exact set up that morning that was producing I'm sure I would have been skunked. Thanks again, Jack.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 16:40

From Clinton County, Pa.
I voted for the BH pheasant tail but the BH hare's ear is a close second along with a BH green weenie.

Posted on: 2013/7/4 17:54

From Ferguson Twp.
No problem John, well it was a problem but I knew one of us would figure it out. Man what a weekend that was, up till two or three, fishing first thing all day, by Sunday on spring I was so tired I could hardly hold my arms up! Great weekend, we fished hard. I have some mink that is almost the color of a brick, redish/orange kinda color. I'll tie one with that for the ab like you're doing Pontus mix it up a little. Thanks Biggie I love flies with one kind of material that's such a quick tie that are so effective in all seasons. I've fished with you enough now Roger to know that most any fly on your tippet is effective, no matter where your at.

Posted on: 2013/7/5 5:17

From Butler, Pa
my most productive bead headed nymph this year was either a soft hackled pt or he. but I will give credit where its due, and that was with a new fly this year (frenchie) which are wicked attractor patterns

Posted on: 2013/7/8 22:10

BHHE...but, wouldn't it be wonderful if dry flies were always as effective as nymphs?

Posted on: 2013/7/8 22:15

From York, PA
After a guided trip in June, I've been fishing various styles of Frenchie with different hotspots. I'm gonna start tying them with fluorescent tungsten beads rather than the hotspots I think.

Posted on: 2013/7/9 7:43

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com