Whats towns would show up on your recent searches.

Acristickid

Acristickid

I wanted to know what names of towns would show up in "recent searches" on your weather sites.

Here are mine.
Recent Searches
Erie, PA
Confluence, PA
Coburn, PA
Fairplay, CO
Lake George, CO
Colorado Springs, CO

Mine change pretty frequently and I usually dont have out of state towns but heading to the South Platte River in CO in 3 weeks.

ps I would encourage everyone who looks at this site to post. If your muttering to yourself about this or that~ we cant hear you. Paul

Reading, PA - tully
Villanova, PA - work
Valley Forge, PA - valley creek
Philadelphia, PA - home
Bellefonte, PA - we all know this one
Dauphin, PA - clarks
Pulaski, NY - salmon river
Boston, MA - impromptu drunken vacation/train trip.

Dauphin, PA Clarks
Coburn, PA Penns
Harrisburg, PA Home/work
Baltimore, PA O's Games
Duck, NC Just got back from vacation

Green river, WY
Hamilton, MT
Houston,TX
Cortez,CO
Mechanicsburg,PA
New Bloomfield,PA
Pueblo,CO
Unfortunately none of these locations were checked for fishing.
Work sucks thanks for reminding me. My drivers like to call me from these great locations just to rub it in. One day Im going to hitch a ride across the country with one these guys.

My search list on weather.com has these:

Mercer, PA
Portersville, PA
Oil City, PA
Galeton, PA
Monessen, PA
Harrisburg, PA

But only because these are permanently bookmarked along with the USGS streamflows:

Spruce Creek, PA
Ohiopyle, PA
Confluence, PA
Bloomington, MD

and these are permanently bookmarked without any corresponding streamflows:

Dunbar, PA
Normalville, PA
Somerset, PA
Donegal, PA
Vanderbilt, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Townsend, TN

(Paul, I'll light a candle Sunday for you to get called back to work. :p )

Pittsburgh, PA
Chicago, IL
Portersville, PA
Volant, PA
Marienville, PA
Clarion, PA
Kane, PA
Erie, PA

Macon,Ga.
Seiverville,Tenn.
Savannah,Ga.
These are the towns that have Bass Pro Shops along the route we will be taking next week.Going to The smokies national park,Mt.Mitchell and other places with mountains.Not the rockies but not bad.
If you thought Clemson was in the swamps,its not.Clemson is near where I would like to move.Northwest South Carolina.One of the prettiest places in the country.Visit the area if you get a chance.

Erie, PA
Spruce Creek, PA
Cranberry, PA inlaws
Greensburg, PA home
Pittsburgh, PA work
Oil City, PA

half of them are fishing related...

Paul,

Have you fished the South Platte before? I was there May 1st 2006 and had a ball. I fished eleven mile canyon just below the dam.

1 state college - most searched by me
2 confluence
3 ridgway
4 bedford
5 oil city

also, about once a year, Hancock, NY for the delaware river

albatross-

No, have not been there. But boy am I ever ready to go. It is going to be exciting seeing those waters. I do remember you were. You responded several months ago- to a post I put up asking for help for that area. I am gonna look that fishing report again. With my trip being planned for 5 months~ still taking forever to get here.

Another funny thing. Tim Murphy recommend a flyshop/person months ago for the S.Platte trip (charliesflybox) and I noticed that name came up today on a post. Kinda funny how things flow in and out of conscious.

The recent searches look pretty familiar huh. Paul

Interesting Topic!

East Rutherford, NJ - taking my wife to see Phil Collins and Genesis at Meadowlands. Looks like we might get wet.

Hancock, NY - FISHING!

Myrtle Beach, SC - most recent family vacation

Lancaster, PA - work related

Coburn, PA - FISHING!

Hawley, PA - Home

Dear acristic,

I always use the Route planner at work to see where the equipment we have been hired to haul is going to or coming from.

Recent searches were for:

Lodi, CA
Mill Creek, OK
Coshocton, OH
Virginia, MN
Brooksville, FL
Paoli, IN
Conyers, GA
Brampton, ON
Patterson, NY
Manchester, NH

I like to track the trucks on the GPS system and zoom in to see the lakes and streams in the area.

I rarely use any mapping program for driving around PA. If I don't know where I'm going by now I've got problems. Besides, sometimes is just fun to get in the truck with the dog and see where we wind up.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

Paul,

I guess my memory is slipping. I got a lot of help planning my trip on the RockyMtnFly forum. Those guys all held Charlies Flybox in high regard. I didn't make it over to Charlies but I did stop in the Denver Orvis shop to buy some flies and get some advice. I was glad I did. I was all hot to fish the Miracle Mile (dream stream, spiney ranch). The gentleman who waited on me at the Orvis shop told me what to try there and sugested I could always drop into elevenmile canyon if things didn't work out. In fact I started on the Dream stream and couldn't locate any fish. About 10 AM I implemented plan B and went to elevenmile canyon. I probably caught 30 wild rainbows in there the rest of the day. The bigest I landed was 17 inches, but I saw some fish bigger than that. I found it easier to catch fish in the riffles rather than the still pools. These fish have seen it all...

GATLINBURG, TN y'all........9 days and counting!

Grand Valley, PA, -- Waterford, PA, -- Saukville, WI -- Viroqua, WI, --Decorah, IA, -- Prineville, OR -- Quinault, WA, -- Amherst, WI, -- Iron River, MI --, Baldwin, MI, -- Grand Marais, MI -- Heber City, UT.

RLeeP- gotta ask what is in Decorah, IA? Being curious I googled it and looks like it is close to the Miss. river or is there some kinda spring creek there?

Dear acristic,

I'm not presuming to answer for RLeeP but if you check out a map of the USA you will see that NE Iowa is awfully close to SW Wisconsin and shares the same geologic features that make the "Driftless" area so close to the hearts of those FIB's like RLeeP. :lol:

Hey RLeeP,

Next time you go up to Amherst give me a heads up. If I can get my buddy to come down and meet you you can compare notes with him about how weird I am on internet forums. :lol:

I've never met either of you but after about 8 years I do feel I sort of know you both.

Regards,
Tim Murphy :)

>>I'm not presuming to answer for RLeeP but if you check out a map of the USA you will see that NE Iowa is awfully close to SW Wisconsin and shares the same geologic features that make the "Driftless" area so close to the hearts of those FIB's like RLeeP>>

FIB, huh?

Hey O'Murphy... How'd you like some authentic "Driftless Region" aquatic vegetation wedged sideways into your exhaust port...:)

That said, Tim is right.

There are about 60 spring creek trout fisheries in Iowa, about a third of which (I think..) support viable numbers of wild trout, mostly browns. This fraction grows larger every year. They have a pretty good program and they sure have the raw material in terms of good water. Actually, there is one stream in Iowa, Waterloo Creek, that is probably very close if not equal to any of the Wisconsin streams in terms of wild browns per mile. The Iowa DNR web site says 4,000 tpm and my understanding is that it has got better since then.

In any event, Decorah is pretty much in the middle of the best of the Iowa streams. It's very pretty country, not at all like one might imagine Iowa to be. Looks a lot like northern Warren County, PA actually. Lines of pretty significant forested ridges mixed with dairy farms. The Iowa season is open year-round, while WI closes at the end of September. So, about this time each year, I start paying attention to the weather in Decorah..

>>Next time you go up to Amherst give me a heads up. If I can get my buddy to come down and meet you you can compare notes with him about how weird I am on internet forums. >>

Sounds like a plan. I didn't make it to his side of the state this year, but I'll resume fishing those creeks hopefully next season. The best time seems to be between the last frost of the previous winter around July 4th and the first frost of the next winter around Labor Day....:)

Wellsboro, Williamsport. As for traveling for work I really only care if it is winter.

Back