What is your dream fly fishing trip

flybop

flybop

If time and money were not an issue where would you want to go on that trip of a lifetime?

I am torn between three destinations, they are New Zealand, one of the never fished rivers in Russia and going to Mongolia for the Taiman.

I've never seen "REAL" mountains...so really anywhere with a picturesque mountain landscape.

Bighorn River with our friend Flybop rowing ,me in front with everyone else on this forum in back-

in different drift boats of course.
Barring that Labrador for big brook trout ,other chars.
3rd choice Argentina for sea run browns.

Me rowing??? I thought that you could row Pete.

I canoed but was never in a drift boat.
I was friends with John Bailey and his Argentina trips always made me feel like [can you spell jealous] a rookie.

pete...........you beat me to that one , Labrador or Newfoundland for brook trout is what i would want to do , 5lbs on dry flies , yer perty fast for an ol boy.

Keeping my dreams in perspective...I'd settle for fishing with you out west sometime Don.

Tarpon somewhere Taimen in Mongolia And Peacock bass/Dorado in the Amazon

Browns anywhere in Argentina
Steelhead on the Babine River in BC
Big Brookies on Gods River in Manitoba

I don't ask for too much, do I?

Permit in Belize or Yucatan.

Money is no object ehh...

Charter a private jet for me and a dozen or so friends to one of those phat lodges in Belize. Hire some guides and fish for Tarpon,Permit and Bones.

2nd- ditto the jet and friends. Head to the Crows Nest Pass / Bow River- Alberta, Canada.

Avoiding the TSA and airport lines would be a rare treat.

Don't have any thoughts about Patagonia,Russia,New Zealand or even Alaska for a real life dream- they all seem too far fetched. Expensive and cumbersome to get to. Would reconsider if I won the powerball though.

(already floated with flybop in MT-Yellowstone and Big Horn)
one dream- check hehe

first you catch something in Florida-then we will see if your ready for big-time-have fun Paul-looks like a go.

1. Alaska for anything
2. Labrador for Brookies
3. Anywhere out west for a month.

Location does not matter, but I've been dreaming of catching blackfin tuna and mahi mahi on a fly rod for a long time. If I could catch both in one trip that would be my dream trip.

Eastern Canada for Atlantic Salmon.

Mongolia for Taimen and I am taking, Dkile , acristickid, afishinado, albatross,Chaz, dryflyguy, FarmerDave, Fishidiot, JackM, jayL, littlejuniata, Maurice, mkern, Padraic, pcray1231, pete41, ryguyfi, salvelinusfontinalis, tomgamber, Charley, Boyer , Andrew, Ryan, Mike, Dan .Squaretail , Fredrick, Redrockgizzley,, Flyguy, Hank, Judy, sandfly and anyone else I forgot.

Akid has a 747, right ? Sounds like fun.

Labrador and the brookies.
If I ever held a 5lb native brookie in my hands, I'm afraid I just may poop a little on the spot.

LOL Squaretail ............LOL at "poop a little" , YEAH squaretail , pass the charmin.

After reading this thread, my dream is to be one of the dirty dozen in Akid's posse.

But I agree with Mo, I would be happy just having Don row my butt around on some of the rivers in Montana.

Back