What flyfishing related trinkets did you get for Christmas?

Maurice

Maurice

Administrator
Staff member
I got a couple nick-nacks form the younger kids and a short and long sleeved fishing shirts. Oh and hand written gift certificate to redeem for a free trip to New York for Salmon. What ever that means. I guess its a kitchen clearance.

Santa was beddy beddy guut to me.

Got some new wool socks to keep my tootsies warm and a gps for the truck--to find new fishing spots--or old ones that I forgot how to get to.

Received a light yellow long sleeved fishing shirt. Nice color to wear in the Florida saltwater in a few weeks.

WF3F line, elk hair, and stonefly nymph hooks.

PS I got a waterproof digital camera "for my wife" since I dropped our old one in Oil Creek.

Got the GPS and can't wait to try it out on "the road"

Neoprene socks

My sister got me a fly box, it costs about $45 more than any fly box that I would buy.

My daughter got me a camo hat with a bass on it.....she's 5 so I was impressed. I will wear it and I don't want any of yinz jagging me for it.

My brother in law got me a awesome waterproof fly box and 100 pc set of local flies which was great for me less work and money to spend nagging my buddy who ties to make me some lol

I don't need any rods, reels, flys, lines, I got WII Dance and WII Super .Smashbros.......... dance will get my legs in shape and Smashbros will get my reflexes sharpened up! Merry Christmas to all

I got a Lamson Konic Reel and some nice flies to practice my dropper techniques....Once I have one. LOL And after 22 years of marriage a very nice bobble for my ring finger.

I got a william joseph catalyst fanny pack and some underamour

Orvis Super Tac-L-Pak Vest , stream thermometer, hook sharpener, Mike Heck's book, Charlie Meck's book (Trout streams and hatches of PA), and a BassPro gift card!

Santa treated me well this year! Can't wait to try it all out on the creek this weekend when temps hit the 50's and 60's...

none, I've all I want.

I got a GPS for the Jeep, luggage tags for travel, both not specific to fly fishing, but will see use for fishing excursions. I plan on fishing the Driftless Region in WI this spring and plan on using both. Also got some money, which is going to be used to purchase a nice small stream rod.

Recieved a Gierach book--Death, Taxes and Leaky Waders and a beer glass with Trout Slayer Ale logo.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas or Happy Holiday.

i got a bunch of dead presidents. im going to cabelas and the fly fishing show in NJ.

I got a sweet Redington 4 weight, a fishing lure Christmas Tree ornament, and a "Go Fish" T-shirt.

My boyfriend and I decided on a one-gift-only Christmas. I got a GPS to get me out of places I end up while trying to find fishing spots.

Some misc. hooks, biots, and yarn I needed

A new pair of nippers

A C&F fly box for my dry flies

Mike Heck's book - "Spring Creek Strategies"

Thingamabobbers! (It's too cold out right now to go out and forage for my own)

My family thinks that I have to much fly fishing stuff already so I all I got was 2 shirts with fish on them :-(

Trout Bum, by John Gierach and a Trout Bum T shirt.Reserved for my trips to the "cricks"Some new rod holders for the Leaning Post. Best of all 80 degree temps. and grouper that want to chew.The fun of watching a green horn out fish me catching his first grouper and 2 more to boot.

I got a few fly fishing things for Christmas.

"fish hands free" hooks - hooks you put on your vest that balances your rod so you can free both hands to tie a knot, release a fish, etc. Anyone use these??

fly rod and reel magazine

underarmor

long underwear

large stanley thermos

cabela's t-shirt

headlamp for fishing in the dark

lots of trinkets!

Back