What do you look foward to each season?

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

Fly fishing related of course. But what in each calendar year do you look forward to doing. Whether it's hitting a specific stream or hatch, doing something new, or trying something different.

Here's mine.

I always look forward to learning something new. I'm still a little wet behind the ears and look for people on this board to help my learning curve. I look forward to fishing new streams, getting into more wilds, and finding some new hatches. I want to hit these specific hatches this year. BWO's, Sulphurs, March Browns, Brown Drakes, Caddis, and if I'm lucky maybe the Green Drakes and tricos.

I now look forward to the JAM. I went last year for the first time and enjoyed actually meeting people from this board face to face and fishing streams I don't usually get to fish. New things are always fun.

The staples I enjoy every year.... The first couple weeks after opening of trout, where I fish a midge hatch with a sz 22 griffiths gnat at my local ATW and make the worm dunkers ticked off that I'm catching fish and they're not :lol: I also enjoy fishing the usual places I go to. The Neshannock and Slippery Rock, my favorite Class A, my local ATW, and a nice pond for gills in the summer. Also one of the highlights of my year is fishing a private pond that an event is put on every year for people at my church with a pot luck dinner. It is just full of LARGE gills and 12-14" bass. Not unusual to catch 20 bass in 2-3 hours.

Never thought a completely random decision to buy a fly rod for my birthday a few years ago would turn into a lifetime enjoyment of such a great sport!

Ryan

I just enjoy a peaceful day on a creek with no where to go and nothing else planned. the rest falls into place.

last two weeks of september,first two of october-jockeyed to hit full moon-

Nice Topic -

A couple of years ago we bought a camp right on the West Branch of The Delware River and I can't wait to spend 4 or 5 days there at the end of April and the first week in May fishing the Hendrickson hatch.

Im not sure how to answer this question as trout season never ends for me. I do like the topic though. I can tell you what i look forward to each part of the season instead......

Spring - i look forward to the end of the first few weeks and all the hub-bub to die down. I also look forward to the beginning of moderate temperatures and the beginning of some nice hatches.

Summer - I look forward to when its too hot to fish the freestoners and im forced onto the Limestoners i love so much.

Fall - I just look forward to this part of the season all the way around. Good temps, good hatch, pretty foilage and wild brook trout looking their best.

Winter - i look forward to again being forced to fish my favorite streams (limestone spring creeks) as the are usually the best open water with good water temps. Im always game for trying to hit that BWO hatch on the Letort. Its very predictable. I just guessed wrong this year and Dan guessed right :)

Let me explain that when i say forced onto the limestoners.....it doesnt take much arm twisting with me :) There are just so many streams in PA that are freestoners its easy to forget our greatest gems. Those seasons remind me and then i go fish them.

All in all i guess i just look forward to all this sport offers.

I to fish year round, although fishing in the cold isn't as much fun as it used to be. Kinda like this snow that's head'n our way. One of the things I really look forward to is opening weekend up in Huntingdon county and getting together with old friends and just having a good time. One of the guys flys the others don't fish anywhere near as myself and the other flyguy. The one guy lives up there. One lives here in Lititz but has a place in Purry county and the other flyguy lives just south of me in Manheim Twp. We eat what we catch that weekend and have plenty to drink. It's a fun time. I really don't look it as fishing. It's more of just getting together with the guys.
After that, I look forward to fishing the LJ, Spruce, Spring, Bald Eagle and the tail water out of the dam at Raystown. That's close fishing for me when I'm at camp. The tail water is about 200 yrds down the road. I am just jones'n to get back up there. It's been since deer season. I'm get'n itchy!

I always look forward to spending opening weekend at my camp in Cross Fork. After that, I wait on the March Brown to appear on the Kettle. If I get to bored there, I head up to the Pine Creek for a little action dodging the myriad of kayaks and canoes that hatch all day long.

Warmer days and trout rising..Camp fire burning at poe..The peace of mind knowing you have the majority of the season infront of you..Bugs

I always look forward to getting some friends together and spending a long weekend at our cabin in Tioga County. The cabin always looks better with a bunch of waders and vests hanging on the porch.

There's lots of things I look forward to, but I think the biggest is a few day trip to the little mountain streams I love so much. Usually make a trip like this in the June-early July time frame, this year its the last week in May (the jam will kick-off my fishing week).

Well for me i think its a gift everyday that i can cast a fly whether its walking a creek ,wading a stream or fishing along the coast.Some people never know the peace and satifaction that fly tying and fly fishing can bring.

i look forward to thumbing my nose at cutting grass and other yard work and heading to camp , enjoying a cup of coffee brewed over the fire along with a juicey stake

What Im looking forward to it, not being sick and being able to do some fishing, it's been two years.

I always look forward to going up to the camper for the first time, not crazy about all the clean up work. Most of all I look forward to the warn weather!

PaulG

Hatches and more hatches and even more hatches!! Oh and I look forward to catching some fish too. I really enjoy fishing new places too.

I doubt it the Little Juniata is crowded today we have 16 18 inches
and still coming

Every year I look forward to sulphurs in the spring and fishing out of my kayak for aggressive bass in the summer.

The first hatch of the year that I look for are the BWO's. They usually start in march, although I've seen them hatch in mid february on certain streams.
But after not having fished for 3 months or more, I'm really happy to see those things hatching

I look forward to fishing my first remote wild mountain stream of the season and thinking how it feels like it's "my stream". I get this feeling because I almost never see another fisherman in these places. I love the solitude!

I enjoy stream exploration the most. Every year I have a "Streams to Fish" list on my computer, and I look forward to fishing as many of them as possible.

Some of the things I look forward to:

- Opening day of trout season. I used to hate opening day but now seem to enjoy it again (as I did when I was a kid). I usually fish a local ATW with friends and creel a couple stockies for dinner. Fun tradition.

-The arrival of bass in local warm water creeks. I love fishing small creeks for WW species, but bass tend to vacate these creeks on a seasonal basis and return from their winter hibernacula back (presumably moving upstream) to the small creeks where they hang out during the summer and fall. Usually, I see bass by mid to late May but this year with the high, cold water, they didn't show up until June. I'm hoping for a better bass year this year.

Back