What's working?????

captbugger

captbugger

Hey all,
I know I've had great success so far. Noticing though streams are running high all over. What has been working for me is glo bugs, slump busters, Spey, pheasant tails and more. How about you?

Nothing< I went out Sun and got totally skunked on BHPT,zebra,wooly bugger AND green weenie.

Spoons.

Forks? Knives? Jk love this time of year people are only worried about the opening day

What Gfen said - tip it with an uncle josh pork rind for increased strikes.
th_11ddf29d7b4f85990440fd1c4c92a0b0.jpg

This time of year, if the stream is rolling, and if I'd actually be fishing, I would use all shapes and sizes and colors of wooly buggers. But, if I even thought I saw a rise, I'd have BWO and if I fished them, midges.

Night crawlers

Mops,squirmies, turds, and waltz's

Little black stoneflies and powerbait. True story.

Big stonefly nymphs and a big buggy rabbit fur nymph/streamer thing tied with a few wire wraps plus a bead for weight.

Also got a few brookies on a #18 black foam ant during a hatch of little black stones and black caddis. But they were brookies so take that fwiw...

The last fly that caught a fish for me was a size 16 BH Scud, but that was in early December.

The only thing that's been working for me as of late is the remote control on Saturday mornings for fishing shows. Only one outing for me thus far in 2015 and that was more of a quick scouting mission in early February. Took the skunk dunking little BH Buggers and didn't see any fish. That should be changing soon though.

To answer your question i think time on the water using the standard patterns will get you hooked up although, the water tables are very high and fishing is all but non existent in the lower countys in Pa.

Copper johns and black wooly buggers/slump busters.

Only one time out in 2015 and I caught one on olive bugger size 12 and one on PTN size 18

Wild fish have been loving small orange eggs. Stockies have been pounding a bead head nymph with a trout bead above it.

Pink scuds and crystal white wooly buggers did the trick for me yesterday

Pink scuds and crystal white wooly buggers did the trick for me yesterday

Back