Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: What’s more important: pattern or the presentation?

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
Neither....if no fish are in the water that you are fishing. After that it has to be presentation.

With the multitude of different currents in an area, you sometimes have to cast several times and change position of your cast just to get a fish to take (especially trout).

If the food is just thrown on your plate and does not look like you thought it should, it will not taste the same even though it was made the same way, and you may not eat it.
You may not eat anyway no matter how good it looks because you are just not hungry. IMO trout are the same way. At times no matter how good the fly or presentation they do not want it. Period.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 16:33

From Monessen, PA
I bet it is rare when any trout says: "No, I'm too full."

Posted on: 2013/4/8 16:58

From Philadelphia PA
I think that maybe an excuse for those who don't catch any. "There just not hungry."

Posted on: 2013/4/8 18:30
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

From NE OH
Quote:

PennypackFlyer wrote:
I think that maybe an excuse for those who don't catch any. "There just not hungry."

It's a phase of the learning curve. We've all been there.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 20:16

Quote:

krayfish wrote:
Presentation by far. You will catch many more trout on the "wrong fly" than you will with bad presentation / drift.

Could not agree more. Of course many of us strive for the right fly AND the right presentation. This usually leads to a great outing.

peace-tony c.

Posted on: 2013/4/8 21:49

From Philadelphia PA
In fact I was using that line (Not hungry) at Nashimany since they just recently stocked it. (It's more of a Trout Shell Shock Syndrome I believe that led to the poor catch ratio for everyone there.) U know...Change in water temp, new surroundings etc.

Even we hesitate to eat or look at a menu when we see a Roach Coach (vending truck) even though we are hungry. We would rather go to a restuarant we are familiar with.

Posted on: 2013/4/9 11:28
"I am respected when I walk into any fly shop. Salespeople wait on me hand and waders. I once tried underwater casting just to see if I could. I am the most admired Fly Fisherman in the world. And when I fly-fish, I use the Orvis Access. Stay Fishing MF

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com