Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Welcome to Lion Country?

Hmmm...
Apparently, the Game Commission is becoming more acccepting of all the mountain lion sightings in the state....
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06309/735584-358.stm

Posted on: 2006/11/6 14:44

Re: Welcome to Lion Country?

I still don't believe any of it. There have been countless posts of "proof" of mountain lions on various PA hunting websites. Most of the proof is in the form of pics from one of the gazillion trail cams recording game movement all over the state at this very minute. Every single one of these pics was submitted by someone deemed by himself or others as an "expert" and every single pic turned out to be of a bobcat.

Many people think of bobcats as having obvious markings that distinguish it from a mountain lion, as well as a more yellow coat. This isn't aleays the case, and many bear a striking resembence to a smaller version of a mountain lion. Until I see confirmation from a biologist that there is indeed a mountain lion (and a wild one at that) roaming the big woods of PA, I write them (the sightings) off as a bobcat sighting by a very rattled outdoorsman who wants to believe he's seen a mountain lion.

Posted on: 2006/11/6 17:29

Re: Welcome to Lion Country?

From Attitudinally, one mile south of Lake LeBoeuf
As I've said a number of times, I don't doubt for a minute that there are mountain lions roaming Pennsylvania.

There almost has to be because otherwise the number of unicorn sightings would be a lot higher......

Posted on: 2006/11/6 18:29

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com