We need more rain

djs12354

djs12354

Dan (Moonbeam) and I were on the Lackawanna yesterday and the river is as low as I can remember seeing it. Water was very clear and we only spotted two trout.
We took the opportunity to enjoy the day and scout a section we had not fished previously.
We did get into some areas that made you forget you were on urban waters and had the high point of the day when a bald eagle flew overhead. Noted what will become likely holding spots when flows are higher.
Hoping for a little color in the water and more flow.

PS: I did hook into three leaves, one of which was a huge maple leaf, 6" across! Do you think it was stocked? :) :)

What CFS was it flowing?

Rain is needed but the fishing on the "larger" rivers is excellent right now.

WG - Didn't check the river gauge at Archbald, which is below where we fished, but an area that is normally 4 feet deep was only knee deep.

Looks like about 22 cfs.

Don't know what today's rain did, but the Lehigh is prime right now for wading.

djs12354 wrote:
WG - Didn't check the river gauge at Archbald, which is below where we fished, but an area that is normally 4 feet deep was only knee deep.

Looks like about 22 cfs.

Oh yeah, that is low.

i tried Hammer Creek yesterday - bare bones up there too despite the rain.

for me, i think its sping creeks or tailwaters until we get a serious flood.

According to NWS, there's more rain coming this week, things are shaping up, and I agree with the post saying larger streams are fishing well.

Monday - Wednesday should be some rain....fingers crossed. We need a recharge on the aquifers too.

Muddy is low and clear...doubled in flow yesterday and today is back down and clear. Still the bwos were busy today as well as the resident trout. The new stocking on thursday shows fish stacked up in the deeper spots as usual. Stream needs a reshuffle. Hoping for an inch or two this week.

My brother and I caught a dozen each today. All his were on drys. I pestered the stockies for my first 7 while he slugged little wild fish on top.

Your not joking! Every creek up here is gin clear and SUPER low. I went to some new spots yesterday and found a couple pockets holding fish but it was funny watching 15 guys try to catch 10 fish in a 10ft hole. We're supposed to get rain all this coming week, we'll see.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we get some slow, soaking rain to restore water levels to normal with out too much crazy run-off.

Back