Warm weather is bringing on the hatches...

wgmiller

wgmiller

I had this guy land on my hand this morning while sitting on my back patio:

100_1576.jpg

100_1579.jpg

Being a fly fishing noob, I knew it was something and researched it to be an Early Black Stonefly. Gotta love the warm weather! 74 here today.

Looks like I better get some stone flies for my next trip to the Donegal!

I was over at segloch friday and the brookies were hitting stonefly nymph patterns pretty hard. Had a bunch of adults crawling all over my shirt.

Donegal's looking really low BTW. I was out for an hour today and there weren't any fish to be found in the "horse barn" stretch of the FFO section. The creek needs water - bad. How did Segloch look?

Stocking is next Thursday for the FFO section of the Donegal and Little Chiques ATW... The "bait section" of the Donegal will be stocked a day or two in advance of opening day on the 4th.

the streams i fished today were low except for maybe the last one. Hitting some hidden limestone springs tomorrow and a few famous ones. Im sure they are fairing better.

Segloch was low too. I was kinda surprised. Thought last weeks snow would have brought it up a bit. WE need some of those proverbial april showers....maybe some march showers as well. ;-)

We saw a few stone flies yesterday, but the streams are quite low in the SE. The last place we fished was 28cfs, which is below the mean of about 35, it may not look like much but it makes a huge difference.

Hey Bushwacker! I fished the Segloch last Friday. It was warm and a perfect day for the stones but saw none and barely a fish. I was kind of worried but at least it sounds like you saw some fish. Jeff

Back