Waders on or off

Bruno

Bruno

So I was fishing with a friend the other day and he looked at me and asked "can we wear waders in your car?" Which is kinda funny if you have ever seen my ride or smelled it for that matter.

So do you allow wader wearing in your buggy or not ?

:p

Yes but if wet in the *** I suggest they pull them down below th knee rather than change out of them. Thats what I do.

Wonder if that technique works in a luxury vehicle ? :lol:

Dear Bruno,

Dude, I drive a truck. Besides, there's more than enough dog hair on the seat to keep the upholstery from getting too wet.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Hahaha ran into this w/ Sal on Saturday. I just kind of lingered and waited to see what he would do. When he went for his driver side door w/ his waders on, I just said, "you leavin' your waders on?" I let the driver make the first move.

I don't care in my Volvo. Leather seats wipe off easily.

I wear my old hodgeman "breathable" waders to work if it's spritzen' out. I cut the neoprene booties of them and now they make the best pair of rain pants I ever did have.

waders on, fo sho!

Depends...Muddy waders are bad...wet waders are fine. Most days its ok..it'll dry. I do have a blanket or 2 I can throw over the seats. Most places I fish with others...the water isn't that dirty. I just tell the to remember...they're sitting in my wife's seat.

Bruno wrote:

plastic floor. plastic seats. what do i care?

In my truck - no problem. That's the reason I bought it.
In the wife's new car - no way

If they are wet or muddy I just throw a big beach towel on my seat.

Bruno wrote:
So I was fishing with a friend the other day and he looked at me and asked "can we wear waders in your car?" Which is kinda funny if you have ever seen my ride or smelled it for that matter.

:p

All the time. I think I've worn them in your truck a few times. ;-)

Boyer

Dryflyguy wrote
In the wife's new car - no way

Yeah, I need to be more careful on the rare occasions I have the wife's car. She's on to me!

Maurice wrote:
Yes but if wet in the *** I suggest they pull them down below th knee rather than change out of them. Thats what I do.

Ditto

I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee with faux leather seats, so I do leave them on if they're not too dirty. Boots are another issue, and a size 13 Simms can easily depress the brake and gas pedals simultaneously. I was going to hop from a stream to a lake yesterday, and decided that leaving the waders on would save 2 minutes, but had to think about whether I wanted to hold my rod on the roof for 5 miles. It's been done before, and just displays a certain laziness on my part...LOL

I'll stick my neck out and deviate from the trend here...I always take mine off.

2 reasons...

1. I like to keep my cars clean...even my truck. That's part of the reason why I got a truck instead of an SUV...can throw the waders in the bed and then just hose it out periodically. I like the inside of the truck to stay clean though.

2. As Rich mentioned, pedal issues while driving, especially with my bootfoot hippers. My truck is a manual trans and the pedals are small and spaced pretty close together.

Your welcome to keep your waders on in the, fish mobile!

PaulG

Old moving blankets work great.I have mats that hold lots of junk and water as well. Leave them on. Just be careful with the brake etc,slippery.
Now studed boots ,thats a different animal. imo GG

Swattie87 wrote:
I'll stick my neck out and deviate from the trend here...I always take mine off.

2 reasons...

1. I like to keep my cars clean...even my truck. That's part of the reason why I got a truck instead of an SUV...can throw the waders in the bed and then just hose it out periodically. I like the inside of the truck to stay clean though.

2. As Rich mentioned, pedal issues while driving, especially with my bootfoot hippers. My truck is a manual trans and the pedals are small and spaced pretty close together.

I'll second this w/ a clutch. My Volvo is manual and I take my boot footed waders off simply because working the clutch is really tough.

In the car sure....now the guy wearing them in the diner in Roscoe was way out of line.

I have worn waders in the vehicle. But a lot depends on the boots. Same is true on whether I allow passengers to do the same.

Reason: The pair of wading shoes I wear most is studded felt. Studs tear up carpets. My main fishing mobile has carpeted floor mats, and is also our best family car.

I have a set of rubber floor mats I used to put in my truck when I'd go fishing, but they don't fit my Subaru. I need to get a set of rubber ones for fishing trips.

Back