WANT A FISHING BUDDY THAT I CAN LEARN FROM

1travis

I just started flyfishing last year and would like to find a fishing buddy that I could go out with on occasion. I have fished Clarks and Stoney Creek. Went to Stoney this past Sunday and didn't have much luck. Live in the Harrisburg area.

Hang out on this site for awhile Travis - you'll pick up a lot of invaluable information. After awhile, you stand a good chance of landing a mentor.

Fishidiot is dead on. Stick around and contribute. Ask tons of questions, and give input where you can.

In time, you'll make many fishing buddies here. I have learned at least something from everyone I've met from this message board.

Thanks guys for the reply.

Its a tough time of year to start with flys, stick around, explore surf, lots of guys here from your area, When it warms up it will be much better for you, the fish will be more active

I'll fish with you sometime. As long as it doesn't turn into a man-date. ;-)

I was at Clarks Wednesday and did quite well. I'll be there again Saturady with my son.

just do lots of research on this site - it has helped me greatly

1travis:

Everyone is giving the right suggestions. I started to fly fish about 4 years ago, but learned from the ground up from a gent who spent about two weeks with me before he turned me loose. I am in the Lehigh Valley, but travel out to Harrisburg as often as I like as part of my job. Maybe somewhere over the summer I'll catch up with you on one of the streams out there.

Trav i'd love to help you out, I have a place in Newville (mobile home) on the lower end of the heritage water of Big Spring creek, worked in the Steelton plant of Bethlehem Steel for 20 some years after my home plant here in J-Town looked like it was gonna go **** up, which it eventually did. Respond to this post and we'll take it from there.

That would be great. I have been to Newville a couple of times. I teach equestrian riding at a stable in Newville. How long have you flyfished?

Always Wading:

Thanks make sure to keep in contact. You could always use my email address and let me know when you are in the area.

1travis

If I ever get my health back I'd be glad to show you around, been fishing the area streams for many years!

PaulG

Dear Travis,

Send me a private message if you don't want to respond on the board.

I live in the Harrisburg area and have been fly fishing longer than I can remember. Paul G will vouch for me.

I'd be happy to show you around and pass on whatever I can to you. If we talk really nice we can probably coax Paul G into coming along.

You can thank Uncle Rolf for this post. He mentioned your post last night in a phone conversation and I figured I'd respond.

Regards,
Tim Murphy

Thank you everyone for the advice and your help.

Spectorfly wrote:
I'll fish with you sometime. As long as it doesn't turn into a man-date.

LoL! You must have been talking to my fiance! I think she's getting jealous of my Saturday morning "man dates". That's alright, she's one of them bait fisherwomen anyways so I take what she says with a grain of salt :-D

Would love to help out, but live in the Pittsburgh area, bit too far for me. Check out local fly shops, fishing clubs and definitely stay on with this site. Plenty of help and willing guys to fish with. Good luck.

I live in HBG and fish the local streams 2-4 times week. I fish Manada, Stoney, Clarks & Breeches regularly. Quittie some and the Wic a few times a year. I also fish Swatara and occasionally the Connie for smallies. Let me know and if your schedule fits with mine, I would be happy to meet you. I have helped Trouthunting a few times and we had enjoyable days on the water. He MAY have even learned something.

Back