Virtual Guide

littlejuniata

littlejuniata

http://www.microsoft.com/virtualearth/default.mspx With this (it has 3D or Google Earth,, heck these programs can get you withing 50 feet of known trout lies!!

I am waiting on realtime satellite coverage so I can check and see if anyone is standing in my honey hole before I leave for the creek. :p

JackM wrote:
I am waiting on realtime satellite coverage so I can check and see if anyone is standing in my honey hole before I leave for the creek.

Yea with real time surface-to-surface missile launchers to blow them out of the water!

A great feature of all of these aerial views is the ability to look at streams or rivers in the past since most of the imagery isn't real time and in many cases can be several years old.

I checked out the Brodhead Creek in Stroudsburg and the images were BEFORE the major flooding of the past few years. The differences between the reality of today and post-flood images was AMAZING to see.

It would be nice to know the actual dates the images were taken unless I'm missing something it isn't real-time.

They are not real time, in fact they time travel...
If you ever pan an image it may be spring (green leafy lots of shadows) and two clicks over it is fall (no leaves no shadows). I always get a kick out of that. You can also tell (approximately) what time of day the photo was taken. Again as you pan an image the shadows will dance all over the place as the composite is just many individual imagas meshed togeather, and were all taken at different times of the day.

I am waiting for the stereo images. I have seen it though not on a computer. They post two side by side taken at approx. 15 degrees appart. If viewed at the proper distance they form an actual 3D map. Pretty cool.

Could someone post one of these stream images? (With or without rising trout!) I clicked the link provided, which brought up the home page, but not being technically oriented, that's as far as I got.

Can it be done using a dialup modem?

Back