Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 »

Re: Unexpected meeting leads to big fish on dries...
From Monessen, PA
Quote:

FarmerDave wrote:
Quote:

gfen wrote:
And to think, I thought I was petty and obnoxious.

Don't worry, you still are. But it still is not a competitive sport, either.

I thought I was bald until I met a man with no hair at all.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:00

Oh, geez -- Frank doesn't fish this way for publicity: As an accountant by trade, keeping track of his numbers is merely an extension of his job and his interests. Again, he contributes to conservation by speaking for FREE at various functions, and he donates his spinners to the JKTU for its fundraising. If he wanted, I'm sure he could sell magazine articles constantly -- he used to do some writing for Pennsylvania Sportsman, and he wrote well. I've got to tell you that you are hammering a fine sportsman and a really nice person. And, I do not think he comes on PAFF to insult fly-fishermen.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:06

From Bozeman
Quote:

rrt wrote:
And, I do not think he comes on PAFF to insult fly-fishermen.

Take the blinders off and read his introductory post in every thread he enters.

Your friend is a jerk.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:08

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

jayL wrote:
Quote:

rrt wrote:
And, I do not think he comes on PAFF to insult fly-fishermen.

Take the blinders off and read his introductory post in every thread he enters.

Your friend is a jerk.

So are you, but that really doesn't need to be pointed out, either.

So much low hanging fruit on this thread.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:12

Quote:
As an accountant by trade, keeping track of his numbers is merely an extension of his job
-He counts salmon leaping up the ladder?

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:19

Pete-
I imagine you are "joshing" me. No, Frank is accountant at the local hospital. a "numbers cruncher." That's why I said that keeping track of his trout numbers is an extension of his job: it comes naturally to him.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:24

From Monessen, PA
It's obsessive, Rich, but who doesn't have obsessions? We are obsessed with fly fishing and this is, afterall, a fly fishing message board. Our presence and participation is understandable.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:27

we are all joshing here-hope no one gets upset-lol

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:27

I guess I shouldn't have been so lazy this morning and should have gone fishing before it got hot. My excuse, 'er reason, is that I played basketball against high school kids yesterday, and my legs are lead today.
Anyhow, I know we're all obsessed by fly-fishing -- my mother told me I was eccentric about it -- just as Frank is about spinfishing. And, I don't think I'm wearing blinders: He is a nice guy and a good sportsman.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:34

From Clinton County, Pa.
Quote:

FrankTroutAngler wrote:
I'd be impressed if these large trout were wild trout caught in a stream open to free public angling. These trout look like someone's pellet-fed pet stockies, probably caught in private water in front of someone's house. To me this looks like about as much of an accomplishment as catching trout in a hatchery. I'm amazed that some of you actually think this is an accomplishment. Of course, didn't George Harvey establish his reputation by catching lots of large trout in Fly Fishermen's Paradise, which back in his time was essentially nothing more than a hatchery raceway on Spring Creek?
I just read this and must say it is just downright mean! That is a nice fish. I don't know FTA but he must be quite the fisherman to disrespect George Harvey! I never met Mr. Harvey but I understand he was the consummate gentleman. Don't they have a forum for spin fisherman?

Posted on: 2011/7/7 10:34

Quote:

WildTigerTrout wrote:
Quote:

FrankTroutAngler wrote:
I'd be impressed if these large trout were wild trout caught in a stream open to free public angling. These trout look like someone's pellet-fed pet stockies, probably caught in private water in front of someone's house. To me this looks like about as much of an accomplishment as catching trout in a hatchery. I'm amazed that some of you actually think this is an accomplishment. Of course, didn't George Harvey establish his reputation by catching lots of large trout in Fly Fishermen's Paradise, which back in his time was essentially nothing more than a hatchery raceway on Spring Creek?
I just read this and must say it is just downright mean! That is a nice fish. I don't know FTA but he must be quite the fisherman to disrespect George Harvey! I never met Mr. Harvey but I understand he was the consummate gentleman. Don't they have a forum for spin fisherman?

WTT, I can see why some would think it is mean, and I do believe it was intended to be taken taht way. but I still didn't take it that way, and apparently neither did Dan and that is the most important part.

Here is s story for you.

I remember fishing one year with my little brother and two friends of mine from work on a memorial day weekend. While driving along the river, we came across this small co-op hatchery that was cleaning out there inventory and stocking it in the creek that flows through the hatchery and in river. It was basically a fishing derby open to the public. Well, since we wanted some for dinner, we figured we'd waste a few minutes there and then go do some real fishing.

My one friend ended up catching a golden rainbow that was probably in excess of 30 inches out of that small dam. Yea, you could see it, and every other golden rainbo in there and darn near every fish. it looked like a yellow steelhead. Water was gin clear. You can bet he took a whole lot of grief over that.

It was pretty funny. After landing it he looked around as if to see if we noticed or like "now what do I do." He then gave it away to a kid who hadn't caught anything yet. It was like he didn't know whether to be proud or ashamed for catching it. He caught it on a fly rod too with a sculpin pattern with all those bait anlglers around him. My little brother had just thrown it in there less than 5 minutes earlier. It was so big that it stuck out of a 6 gallon bucket. Yep. we noticed, and my friend still takes grief over that especially when my little brother is around.

Yes, i tried to catch it too. So did my brother.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 11:07

From North Central PA
Can someone please explain to me this... Is this Frank guy actually famous? Who is he? and why is there 13 pages of posts about him.

Please excuse my ignorance on this topic. I was just impressed that there were 13 pages of posts.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 11:07

Quote:

rrt wrote:
Oh, geez -- Frank doesn't fish this way for publicity: As an accountant by trade, keeping track of his numbers is merely an extension of his job and his interests. Again, he contributes to conservation by speaking for FREE at various functions, and he donates his spinners to the JKTU for its fundraising. If he wanted, I'm sure he could sell magazine articles constantly -- he used to do some writing for Pennsylvania Sportsman, and he wrote well. I've got to tell you that you are hammering a fine sportsman and a really nice person. And, I do not think he comes on PAFF to insult fly-fishermen.

Rich, I doubt Frank really cares what anyone thinks of him on here. If he did, he wouldn't troll them and that #29 was clearly a troll whether intentional or not.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 11:10

From Monessen, PA
As I alluded to, I think, I suspect he has a small cadre of fans that he shares this stuff with privately, no doubt exchanging guffaws amongst eachother with each new post.

Posted on: 2011/7/7 11:53

From Schuylkill County
So after reading thru this thread (whew!)....

I'd like to ask a question: Do you think Frank's comments are worse than the many many comments against Frank? Quite a few attacks going on here. From all over...

Just curious?

Posted on: 2011/7/7 12:20
if you look at it right...

« 1 ... 10 11 12 (13) 14 15 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com