Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Trout: they need to be handled gently

From Fairborn, OH
http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/11 ... sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D500395

Hehe. See the above video on Utah's trout stocking program for the mountain lakes. This might trump using dry hands to handle a fish for a streamside pic. Can you say "fish bombing?"

Posted on: 7/13 10:16

Re: Trout: they need to be handled gently

From SE Pa
Sys they are 3" fingerings .... claim they don't land hard/fast because they are light I guess.

Posted on: 7/13 10:24

From Montgomery County
I was up in the La Sal mountains just outside Moab on a bike trip two years ago. Finished up a section of trail and stopped by this lake. Saw some bugs skimming the surface and wondered if there were any trout in the lake. About a minute later said bug was crushed by a trout. Been wanting to get back and fish the lake ever since.

Posted on: 7/13 13:48

From Fairborn, OH
Those Utah mountain lakes offer some incredible fishing, especially if you have a float tube or kayak handy. No, they are usually not native or wild fish in the lakes, but the fish counts are pretty impressive. It's nearly impossible to get skunked up there. I figure you would have to toss a line in there with no fly on it to do so. It doesn't hurt that the surrounding creeks near the lakes also have some wild fish to pursue.

Posted on: 7/13 14:00

From Glendora nj
Had some really good fishing trips outside Moab. Also had a my wife taken to the very small moab hospital by search and rescue, when she flipped her quad. Great town!

Posted on: 7/13 16:48

They've stocked lakes in both the Rockies and Sierra by air for decades. The fish survive. Way too many, in some cases. (Brook trout, stocked in that manner, have become to be considered an invasive species.)

Posted on: 7/13 17:08

From Fairborn, OH
Redietz -

That's a good point about breeding success being a little too good up there sometimes. In fact, the utah mountain lake I hit up a few months ago had all of the brookies poisoned out by the state years back because some many were in there that their growth was stunted. It was re-stocked with tigers, cutthroats and splake.

Posted on: 7/13 19:35

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com