Torn Waders

W

Wmass

I got a small hole in the knees of my waders today and was wondering if anyone knew of a kit to patch them up.

I am also looking to put some sort of knee patches on my waders as I have been doing alot of crawling lately and will surely put another hole in the knees eventually.

What kind of wader fabric?

I've had success with the gore-tex wader patch kit, that came with the waders. As long as it is a clean tear. Aquaseal works too.

Been thinking of investing in a cheap pair of goalie knee pads or something as I think I am gonna wear out the knees as well.

Simms sells a patch kit that consists of a small tube of Aqua Seal, a brush and some Gore Tex patches. Should work on just about any breathable waders.

Take my advice and wear latex gloves when using Aqua Seal. It is almost impossible to get off of your hands except with sandpaper.

Also you can get gardening knee pads at Home Depot or Lowes that work great and attach with Velcro. After that a pair of good old fashioned wrestling knee pads also work but cut off your circulation after awhile.

>Take my advice and wear latex gloves when using Aqua Seal. It is almost impossible to get off of your hands except with sandpaper.>

It can be miserable to get off, but it flees pretty quickly when confronted with acetone (nail polish remover).

On the other hand, monkeying with acetone is no picnic either, so the latex gloves may be the best answer anyhow.

Bamboozle has hit the nail on the head. Fix it with aquaseal and latex gloves.

beeber

i've used alot of aquaseal in my day for drysuit repairs, aside from cleaning ther area very well to prep it, use an accelerator like this, it's cheap and well worth it.
http://www.mcnett.com/page.cfm?pageID=544

Duct Tape. Works great in the meantime until you get some sealant.

Back