Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

To be continued...

From SCPA
So I was out yesterday fishing with a buddy from work. He had to leave around lunch time for an appointment, and I headed to the letort for some hopper fishing. Picked up a couple - nothing of any size. On my way home, I thought I'd check out a little spring creek that I have really come to love. I've caught a few small fish out of it (one of which was a native brookie which was pretty cool), but I really just enjoy being on small intimate water that I'm pretty sure gets fished very little (I've never read or heard about this stream in any discussion with the other CV limestoners). So I'm working my way upstream just enjoying the setting, and I'm about to call it a day. I had spooked some small trout, and that's about all I have ever seen in this stream. I figured I'd hit one more hole, which was a deeply undercut bank. The first drift through with a size 14 pheasant tail a decently sized trout (maybe 12 inches) made a swipe at it. I was caught off guard, and was excited to see a trout of that size in this stream. I decided to give him something bigger to come after, so I tied on a small sculpin. After two more flashes, the fish was put down. That had interested me enough to hit a couple more holes just upstream. I kept he sculpin on, and the very next hole, a 14 incher flashed out from the bank. Wow - another nice one! I was excited to possibly land this fish. I carefully casted in the head of he pool again, and out from the shadows comes a bullet which was easily 17 inches. It grabbed the fly, and I set he hook. I saw its head rise up with the hook set, and then I quickly ducked as my fly shot out of he water. The fish sat there stunned for a few seconds, as I threw a mini tantrum on the bank. I was pretty sure the hole was done, and I had to get home, so I headed back to the car. I'm going on vacation for a couple weeks, so it will be a while until I can get back there, but I will be analyzing how to hook that brown the whole time I'm gone. To be continued.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 15:50

Re: To be continued...

From OH
Bon chance.

Posted on: 2013/7/20 16:09

Re: To be continued...

Awesome story. There's something about finding a nice sized fish in a small fishery that just gets ya goin.

Posted on: 2013/7/23 9:31

Ty
Keystone Fly Fishing

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com