Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Tippet for Fly Fishing for Smallmouth

I agree with you guys also. The only reason I fished for this guy was that a friend of mine and I were passing by our favorite bass fishing spot and decided to take a look at the numbers and size of fish. I caught one look of this guy and had to fish for him. Also, not that it probably matters, but he was circling close to the bank and I immediately returned him to the same spot he was swimming. I'll check again today to see if he is still there and doing well.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 12:16

From Other side of the tracks
The bass on my ponds appear to be done spawning, and the bluegills are not hot and heavy and have everything stirred up. Just thought i would pass on where they are at. The larger lakes can't be all that far behind.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 13:40

From Carlisle
Tim makes a really good point about not fishing over the spawning bass, but I recall the biggest reason, according to the PFBC that the bass numbers got hurt from the spawn was because of high waters during the spawning period. Now I don't condone nor do I fish over spawning fish, but I think that was the big thing they linked to the reason for such low numbers of juvenile recently. 2005 was a really good spawn year but that virus hurt a lot of the fish, even after that virus hit there was really still a pretty good amount of fish after that spawn that should be about 8-10" this year. This years spawn looks like it could be pretty good since the river is staying relatively low right now, barring a major washout like last summer we should see a pretty good YOY population.

Posted on: 2007/5/23 16:05

I went back to that spot and found the bass I caught doing well and swimming back around her spawning area. That was nice to see.

Also, I caught glimpses of many smallmouth fry 2-3 inches in size or so.

Posted on: 2007/5/24 12:08

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com