Time to step in and say hello......

DotMan

DotMan

Long time lurker that finally has time to participate on what I think is one of the best online fly fishing communities out there. Ya’ll are diverse, knowledgeable, funny and very generous. There are quite a few of you that are in SEPA that I would like to meet and fish with. There are some that have invited me out before, but unfortunately I did not have the time. The last couple years I have been involved in so many things that my time on the water has been lacking and so has my involvement on the many forums I belong to. I look forward to jumping back in and participating. There was time when I travelled a lot to fish and meet fly fishers at gatherings all over the country like the Jam ya’ll have here; so I hope to be able to join you at your next one.

To those that know me, it will be great to reconnect and to those I don’t know yet, I look forward to getting to know you.

Go Phillies!!!!!!!

Jerry

Welcome, jump right in. New viewpoints are always exciting and informative.

Welcome to the board! Do you post on FAOL as well? I seem to remember you from when I used to frequent that board.

Boyer

Yeah, I remember a guy who used dotman on a couple forums.

Well, welcome who ever you are!

Welcome.

Hit me up if you want to fish some time.

DotMan wrote:
Ya’ll are diverse, knowledgeable, funny and very generous.

Jerry,
Are you sure you're on the right site? :lol:

Hey Jerry!

Welcome - it's good to see you posting .....somewhere! Been a long time since we got to fish together. Lemme know if you get a chance to wet a line - we got a lot of catching up to do.

For those that have not met Jerry, and have the chance to fish with him - DO IT. Great guy, excellent fishing partner.

Really missed you at the PA Fish-Ins the past two years. Lots of new faces, but still a lot of the old ones. Some of the new guys are members here. The fishing has been awesome, and we are still the under-nourished bunch. ;-)

Take care, my friend.

H.A.

Thanks for the welcome.

Jack, nice to meet you.

Afish, you are too kind. It was a long time ago you invited me out and I feel bad I never have hooked up with you. Yet.

MattBoyer, yup that is me. I am still a Sponsor of FAOL; but I have not posted much there or anywhere for a long while.

Padraic, we exchanged some emails 4 or 5 years ago. You gave me some info about the Harrisburg area and beyond. Thanks.

jayl, I would love too. One of the reasons I came here is to get to know more of those close by to learn from, fish with and have a cold one afterwards.

greenghost, oh crap, should I have gone left to the Drake?

Ed, darn it, it has been way too long and it is all on me. Life got in the way and the last year has been especially tough. I have missed a lot and have much to make up for. It killed me not to be up on the Little Pine with ya'll this past season and the year before.

I will try to contribute something worthwhile or funny, but I see myself as just a notch above mediocre when it comes to fly fishing. I have spent so much time running around here and there and not really slowing down to improve my skills. I have met many fine people on my adventures and I expect that will be a grand benefit of belonging to this group. I have this yearning now to slow down and try things I have wanted to, but never have. This place is rich in knowledge and I hope to be richer knowledge wise from it.

Thanks again.

Dot

Welcome DotMan

I remember you from other sites and always enjoyed reading your post. I thought your dots were a good Idea and got some a few years ago, do need to get more!

If you ever get to the Harrisburg or Coburn areas let me know, would enjoy fishing with you!

PaulG

Ps, slow down and enjoy!

Welcome Dot. :)

Back