Tight lines all

flyeyeeye

flyeyeeye

Tight lines all. I am headed for the Little J today and will be fishing my way towards Coburn.

flyeyeeye wrote:
Tight lines all. I am headed for the Little J today and will be fishing my way towards Coburn.

The little J is pretty high, isn't it?

I'm headed for coburn too.

Jay,

Looks like she's up about a foot and dropping. I'll take high water over skinny water any day. Just my preference, your mileage may vary.

flyeyeeye wrote:
Jay,

Looks like she's up about a foot and dropping. I'll take high water over skinny water any day. Just my preference, your mileage may vary.

More power to ya. I've only fished it once, and heard that a gauge over 3ft isn't that great. I'm sure it's possible to get em in these conditions. Good luck.

Jay at 3 feet it can be precarious to wade in a lot of places, but if the sediment has settled, it is certainly still fishable. If I had another reasonable option, I'd choose it, but if I had my heart set on it, I'd at least swing by and give it the old college try. Tipton Run, and the Williamsburg limestoners are good backups as well as Spring creek if you have another 30 minutes to drive.

Thanks for the info Jay and Jack. Looks like Penns is a better choice for tonight. Cheers! Still want to hit the J mid week if it drops.

Have a safe trip!
Be sure to post up a TR upon return, with pics. :pint:

You guys heading for Penns, I just got this info by email today!

Penns is up, but has a good green color!

Lots of bugs hatching now, March browns, Gray fox, cahill, cream caddies, and crane flies!

Good luck!
Paul G

Ps, looks like I should have waited till this weekend instead of last!

Back