The rains cometh

mcneishm

mcneishm

A little more than half an inch is forecast for the Lehigh Valley from tonight through tomorrow. It's not near what we need to bring the streams to normal spring time level but it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Along with the mid 40s temps and the wind, that ought to keep the crowds down. I don't plan to be among them, haven't been out on the first day for maybe 25 years, but it might insure there will be a few stockies left on the Jordan in a week or two for me to bring a couple home to my wife who always complains about the amount of fishing I do vs. the number of fish I bring home.

Although my son's birthday party is tomorrow, I was thankful for the rain. We do need it, and the water is so low right now that every single stocked fish in the stream behind me is huddled up in the deepest pools, which are only knee deep at best right now. The rain will spread them out and ensure some are left to catch over the next few weeks.

Well it hasn't rained yet and with the dry air in place, I'm betting we don't get any.

It's on the way...

http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/pennsylvania/weather-radar?play=true

we sure could use rain every week now tues an wednesday about a 1/2 inch each day maybe a whisker more, darn streams all look like drought august levels.

It rained for all of 10 mins last night (around 3:00AM) and that was it. These weather people really should find another profession! lol

Rained here last night steady down pour for about 45 minutes didnt let up either all that time then it was just nice n steady was after midnight around 1245am was still raining at 300 am .

Never looked forward to rain so much in my life. Haven't got enough yet and now it's only a drizzle. Hope there is more to come.

lil lehigh, mcneish
we need a steady rain every three days of so just to get the waters where they should be at this time of year.

Dear Board,

It sure sounded like it rained pretty good last night here in Harrisburg but upon closer inspection it didn't rain hard enough to get the driveway underneath the cars wet.

That ain't rain.

I really hope that a year when we almost couldn't fish doesn't get followed up with a year that we shouldn't fish but it sure is shaping up that way.

If current trends continue there is a bright spot, bass and bluegills in ponds and lakes should be easier to catch because they will be concentrated in a much smaller area. :)

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Got 0.39 inches overnight here. Most of it in the middle of the night. By morning, it was a very light mist, roads were pretty much dry.

It's not a soaker, but it's rain.

WE're four inches behind for the year already, and the rain predicted isn't happening.

Chaz wrote:
WE're four inches behind for the year already, and the rain predicted isn't happening.

Dear Chaz,

I'm not trying to be a jerk or be sarcastic, where'd the 30 extra inches from last year go?

I know where it went, out to the sea to fall on Europe. Maybe someday we'll realize that everything we do has a consequence, but I doubt that most sincerely.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

It wasn't much, but it was what was predicted. They were calling for .25-.50 inches overnight, ending in the morning today, and clearing up this evening. That's what we got.

The weather channel is calling for thunderstorms and light rain tonight in the Philly area.

Back