From Harrisburg
That just aint right.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:40

Re: The future of fly-fishing

From Other side of the tracks
Quote:

Squaretail wrote:
That just aint right.

OK, I changed it. but I still think the other one fit him better.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 7:50

Hay FD you have a great water supply, why don't you dig a stream, raise some trout, charge a small fee for access.

any cheapskates come around just shoot them

run them through your chipper

and use them to feed your fish.

in the "pre-pellet" days that fish food called "lights"

but they used roadkills

you are a "do it yourselfer ain't ya

who needs fish commission

no I didn't look at your goofy vid just your goofy dick morris in heat avatar

Posted on: 2010/2/25 8:59

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

From Greensburg, PA
Quote:

littlejuniata wrote:
Hay FD you have a great water supply, why don't you dig a stream, raise some trout, charge a small fee for access.

but they used roadkills

who the f needs fish commission

That idea is actually better then the one you've been squawking about for over a week now. At least he's not collecting extortion money on a public waterway. He's creating his own new fishery.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 9:02

Quote:

littlejuniata wrote:

but they used roadkills

who needs fish commission

no I didn't look at your goofy vid just your goofy dick morris in heat avatar

Sounds like miniature golf if you leave out the chipper.

First of all, I didn't post any vids. I posted a pic. If it looked like a vid, then you need to adjust your meds.

I agree with Tom that this one actually makes more sense. but still...

Lets say I have a stream flowing through part of my property (I do). Lets say it is not navigable (it isn't) and lets say it held trout (has minnows and it is probably cold enough, but no trout).

I'd have every right to charge people money to access that stream if I chose to. You would have a choice of weather to pay me or not. No pay, no play.

Hmmm. How is that any different from the Donny Beaver thing, other than i would charge a whole lot less.

I wouldn't charge money, but if someone was simply polite and respectful and said thank you, I'd gladly accept.

LJ, you are welcome and come and fish my ponds, or even my crick anytime you want, but the first time you say "no rebutal," buttal is going in the chipper.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 10:30

done deal

and the deal is reciprocal

Posted on: 2010/2/25 11:47

QUESTION "EVERYTHING"

Well, Jack, that's pretty harsh. I didn't know we over-60 people were so hard on you young lions. After working hard during my working years and trying to save a little money during that time, I hoped I could enjoy a decent retirement. I now find that I appear to be some kind of a leech on you young guys. Geez...
(Boy, I guess this topic went off the charts somehow.)

Posted on: 2010/2/25 11:50

From Chester County
Quote:

rrt wrote:
Well, Jack, that's pretty harsh. I didn't know we over-60 people were so hard on you young lions. After working hard during my working years and trying to save a little money during that time, I hoped I could enjoy a decent retirement. I now find that I appear to be some kind of a leech on you young guys. Geez...

rrt,

I think Jack forgot to put a smiley or a wink after that post, but I'm sure he will respond on his own.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 11:56

From florida
I don't want to "pay to fish" and I don't want a job at Wally World, I don't do vests.I do get in he left lane and drive slow.Senior discounts, love em.Old fart coffee at Mcd's drinks just as easily as Starbuckies.I'm almost out of pain pills and mixing antihistamines and alcohol wasn't a good thing.I think LJ is wizzed because some one beat him to the access fee program.
FD do you realize how had it is to get a "ringer" with a toilet seat at 3o yards?

Posted on: 2010/2/25 12:22

Quote:

rrt wrote:

Maybe so. but you gotta appreciate the old man and the hat reference.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 12:30

Quote:

gulfgreyhound wrote:

FD do you realize how had it is to get a "ringer" with a toilet seat at 3o yards?

Depends on whether or not you can break the wind.

Keep your eye on the ...

Posted on: 2010/2/25 12:32

From Monessen, PA
Sometimes the only one who laughs at my jokes is me and then I can literally become hysterical. My point, though, underlying the humor should not be missed: If LJ wants to bash attorneys, then he needs to be prepared to be bashed in return for any artificial category I can put him in. If that included you, Rich, then you may have an inkling what I experience when I have to endure people's uninformed comments about my profession. As they say, turnabout is fair play.

Posted on: 2010/2/25 12:36

From florida
[quote]
JackM wrote:
Sometimes the only one who laughs at my jokes is me and then I can literally become hysterical.

Some people just don't get it.lol

Posted on: 2010/2/25 12:39

1. FD--Thank goodness I don't wear a hat like the one he described.
2. Well, Jack, for a while there I figured you wanted all of us old guys to euthanize ourselves. I guess I'm still allowed to breathe for a while longer!
3. Jack, I have never bashed lawyers on here. In fact, I have had a couple of good experiences with lawyers who have waded through tangles that had me perplexed.
4. What was the original thread: the future of fly-fishing? I'll bet the slaves from the evil empire who lurk on here have enjoyed how this got way off topc

Posted on: 2010/2/25 13:53

From Monessen, PA
Well, Rich, I apologize to you and other decent seniors that you had to be swept up in my stereotyping of LittleJ. It is the kind of unfair stereotyping I endure every time a lawyer joke is made or every time someone fancies himself wise by bashing my profession. I have great respect for my elders, so long as they haven't undone the benefit of that initial respect I accord them. I hope to be one of them one day. In fact, I cannot wait to reach the age or appearance where I can say what the heck I want and people will excuse me because I am "getting old."

Posted on: 2010/2/25 14:39

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
2 Comments

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com