The Sporting Gentleman

D

Davmul

Just want to give a shout out to a really nice shop. I had a great experience in the The Sporting Gentleman in Media this afternoon. I left with a lot more than I went in for, but I also got a TON of great advice and personal attention.

Davmul ,
what did you get? what were ya after?and last but not least what did you wind up gettin that was not on yer list
?

I am new to fly tying and went in to get materials to tie BWO and Adams flies. I came home with that but after a long discussion about an upcoming trip I also picked up several flies and recomendations on a few patterns to try. I also grabbed some additional base materials (dubbing) to add to my stash.

It is my local fly shop and they have always helped me very much. I feel lucky to have them nearby.

My local shop also, but have only been going there since the mid-70's. LOL. Was there last week and will be back this week. Barry, Mary and Christine are the best. Christine wasn't even born when I first stepped into the shop. Tremendous service. I love the place.

I went there a lot back in the 70s when it opened. Back then I just about lived on Ridley Creek. I haven't been in PA for almost 17yrs. I'm glad to hear they are still there.

I've only been there once but they were hugely helpful via email prior to my visit.....which is why i journeyed out there to get what i needed. They not only know their stuff but are great at customer service.

And that Christine is sure easy on the eyes!

Good to know there's a fly shop that doesn't have the "you're lucky that we're here" attitude I have come across from many fly shop owners. I've taken to ordering online because I am just tired of the 'tude, but I'll have to TSG next time I need something. Thanks!

Ditto all the accolades. The folks at Sporting Gentleman are great. Very friendly, knowledgable and funny. I try to spend there a couple of times a year.

FYI they started selling Hardy and TFO stuff now and they're hosting the Fly fishing film Tour on the 25

http://www.flyfishingfilmtour.com/Schedule/fly-fishing-film-tour-US-schedule.asp

the sporting gentleman is a great shop!!!

Thanks for sharing the news about the F3T. I was unaware of the fact unitl now. Will be heading up on the 25th.

Back