Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

Re: The Nale Brothers

From Southeast, PA
I find it very hard to believe that anybody on the planet actually averages 100 fish per day, unless extrapolating (which to me is like, Huh? Why?)

Like I caught 5 fish in 4 hours so that equates to a 30 fish day. Or I snuck out on my lunch break, got 1 in that hour so I can now tell my work buddies that I just had a 24 fish day.

Maybe I am misinterpreting but moral of the story is: that sample post sounds snotty and I’d walk away from that conversation in about the first 2 seconds. In other terms, I avoid an average of 43,200 stupid conversations per day.

Posted on: 2/24 8:11

From Chester County
Quote:

jacob wrote:
I find it very hard to believe that anybody on the planet actually averages 100 fish per day, unless extrapolating (which to me is like, Huh? Why?)

Like I caught 5 fish in 4 hours so that equates to a 30 fish day. Or I snuck out on my lunch break, got 1 in that hour so I can now tell my work buddies that I just had a 24 fish day.

Maybe I am misinterpreting but moral of the story is: that sample post sounds snotty and I’d walk away from that conversation in about the first 2 seconds. In other terms, I avoid an average of 43,200 stupid conversations per day.

^

Frank's way of fishing and record keeping is not for everyone. Not that it matters, but from my take, he counts only actual fishing time. In other words if he had a conversation with you on the stream (however short that may be...lol), he would subtract that time, as well he subtracts the time to hike to the stream, or to take some photos, etc., and just count the time he was actually fishing.

I believe his numbers 100%! That would make him one of the most prolific trout fisherman on the planet. With that being said, I have no interest in counting fish or trying to maximize my number of fish caught. That's his thing, and he's really good at it.

I will say, many of the guys that actually know him, think a lot of him, so he's probably a decent guy. I for one would be really interested in talking to him. Unless or until that happens, I'll just give him his props and keep casting.

Posted on: 2/24 8:39

Edited by afishinado on 2018/2/24 8:56:11
Edited by afishinado on 2018/2/24 8:57:14

From Pennsylvania
Quote:

jacob wrote:

The sample post you refer to (here in post #8) may sound snotty, but keep in mind that he was answering MT_flyfisher's post, which was not quoted but was clearly green-snotty. Why don't you go back to the link mentioned in post #8 and read the entire topic. Be sure to note who started the topic and ask yourself why he even started the topic (and on a Washington State website, no less). Then come back on here and tell us if you think MT_flyfisher's snotty post deserved a snotty reply, or worse.

In the future, please try to keep things in context...

Actually, Nale's "snotty" response is educational (and accurate) if you keep an open mind.

Posted on: 2/24 9:52

From Meadville
This is a fly-fishing forum.... Who cares what this guy can do with his *spinners*.

This is like talking about rifle hunting on a bow hunting forum.

Posted on: 2/24 11:02
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -Thoreau

From PA
Driftingdunn, the moderator of that Washington forum pm’ed me and asked for my permission to post that story on his board. I had NOTHING to do with it other than saying “ok.” He seemed to be a pretty nice dude.

Posted on: 2/24 14:32

From Granville
I saw some guys fishing in-line spinners this morning out on one of my favorite mountain streams and they looked mighty disappointed when my buddy and I came walking up from downstream. Only one spoke to us (I try to be congenial and will always say "hi, how are ya?) before they headed downstream. They said that they were practicing up for opening day. Well, they left and we fished the nice run/pool that the one guy was casting in and smoked about 8 nice natives from that one spot. Does this have relevance to this post? No, other than the fact that I think a "junk fly" caught a bunch of nice natives that they failed to with spinners. Not denouncing spinners or spinning gear, just funny. I didn't think I'd see anyone back there. They were limited I think though by the cold water and lack of chest waders.

Posted on: 2/24 16:07

« 1 ... 7 8 9 (10)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Sponsors
USGS Water Levels
The New Keystone Fly Fishing Book
Polls
Will you be fishing this winter?
Yes
No
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2018/12/24 11:19
Comments?

Copyright 2018 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com