The Jam

B

bede

Hey All,

I haven't posted in about a year. I stopped by the Jam and got to see some folks again, Jack Steele, Jack M, CW, Ron, etc. I also met Beeber on spring, recognized the PA Fly Fishing hat.

Nice to see everyone again. It was good to see Jack Steele still out traveling and enjoying himself. I missed Paul G which is a bummer.

Bede

Bede

I missed you around here and fishing together. I ask JF how you're doing from time to time, just to see what your up too!

Go PSU!

PaulG

Nice to meet you too, bede. Tbat was a splendid evening on Spring.

Beeber

Thanks to all. I had a great time even though our tent flooded out the first night and the fishing was missarable on friday. Although the fishing was tough thursday and friday. On thrusday afternoon we hit spring. It had been a long time since I'd seen a sulfur hatch of any substatial size. Friday, we went class A. Class A meaning small, fast, deadly. I fished a big nothing, my brother on the other hand caught 3 nice 6 inch browns/brookie. he said they were brookie, I didn't see them close up so I will go with browns. I hope everyone went to Spring that Saturday. Adam and I got there around 11ish. I caught 5 nice size browns( 10-15 inches) with a few different sulfur patterns, I was so tried of fishing nymphs, I started fishing drys as soon as a saw the first midge. Then a few sulfurs were coming off then POW.. lots of top water feeding around 1:00. Worth the trip from Cincinnati. Thanks to all again, jack thanks for letting us drink your coffee and use part of your cabin to dry things out.
The bummer of the trip is that on Saturday my camera would not work. So....I have no pics of my larger browns. Except of the last one about 15 inches with my brother used his cell phone to capture. it's a poor pic but C'est la vie.
enjoy.

Attachments

• 0517081427a.jpg
    0517081427a.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 3
Josh, good to see you again and nice to meet your brother. I enjoyed the trip even despite the high water and am now torn over whether a week in Coburn will replace the Smokies trip next year as well. I loved the Smokies, but the price was right in Coburn. Either way, I'd be happy to have you and Adam join us next year. Ryan already stated he's willing to beg, borrow or steal to get in on a cabin. I learned that lesson the same way during my first Jamboree when it rained all weekend. I've attended every one since by renting a cabin, or as in the case of last year, a rat-trap trailer.

Back