Thanks All Nice Fly Fishermen!

Wildbrowntrout

Wildbrowntrout

Over my two years of fly fishing, I've encountered plenty of nice people willing to say what they are using and how many fish they've gotten I'm the day. Today was different however. I asked a guy what fly he was using after seeing him catch a really nice rainbow. He was happy to tell me what fly he was using (including giving me one), how to fish it, some tips on drag free drifts, identifying what the fish might be eating by the way they ate it, and offering me his rod to try it, if I only had my waders. I would like to send all of my thanks to the people out there like this. I enjoy hearing all advice, since I know there is so much to learn in the world of fly fishing.

I've had so many fellow fishermen help me throughout the few years I have been fly fishing. I feel like a way to give back by helping out others who are just getting started. I will always remember one day I was fishing, and someone pulled over and started watching me. Eventually we started talking and the guy told me how interested he was in fly fishing, so I gave him my rod to cast around, and he actually ended up hooking a fish. That was one of the best moments I've ever shared with somebody I just met. I'm pretty sure that got him hooked too!

Back