Thank you, duct tape

flyeyeeye

flyeyeeye

Fished a SE PA stream last night. When I got to the stream, I went to the trunk for my trusty 4 weight. Do'h, rod sock is there but no rod. What else do I have? Looks like a 10 ft 6 wt, way too much for this little stream. So, I take the top 2 sections and duct tape the reel to the bottom. Out to the stream I go. Ended up with 6 total, 4 on a sulphur dry and 2 on a soft hackle when it got too dark to see. Thank you, duct tape.

Bravo for your creativity!

Duct tape may be the greatest invention of all time.

I can fix anything with a hammer, duct tape, and some magic markers!

Duct tape ranks right up there with the cordless drill. See the trout could give a crap about the modulus of ?? and the price tag on your rod, you can catch trout on drys with a reasonably proportioned stick you cut from the stream side or your yard ( assuming you do not mow your grass in fly season)

littlejuniata wrote:
Duct tape ranks right up there with the cordless drill. See the trout could give a crap about the modulus of ?? and the price tag on your rod, you can catch trout on drys with a reasonably proportioned stick you cut from the stream side or your yard ( assuming you do not mow your grass in fly season)

Well said.

Every thing I need to know in life I learned watching the Red Green Show.

Our motto at work...

Duct tape and WD40!

If it moves and shouldn't...duct tape.
If it should but doesn't...WD40.

peace-tony c.

just don't try to fix a muffler. even duct tape won't work on that.

bhickle wrote:
just don't try to fix a muffler. even duct tape won't work on that.

That's what a coffee or beer can, metal shears, hose clamps, and some exhaust pipe putty is for.

ahh duct tape, safety wire and zip ty`s

dont forget wire coat hangars

Nice- the Macgyver of fly fishing.

Attachments

• mc.jpg
    mc.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 0
flyeyeeye wrote:
Fished a SE PA stream last night. When I got to the stream, I went to the trunk for my trusty 4 weight. Do'h, rod sock is there but no rod. What else do I have? Looks like a 10 ft 6 wt, way too much for this little stream. So, I take the top 2 sections and duct tape the reel to the bottom. Out to the stream I go. Ended up with 6 total, 4 on a sulphur dry and 2 on a soft hackle when it got too dark to see. Thank you, duct tape.

Congrats indeed. On-stream innovation. I love it.

I once played in a band with a guy who said that if you left a 50 dollar bill, your car keys and a roll of duct tape backstage at a rock and roll show, the first thing to disappear would be the duct tape.

Boyer

For the muffler you need coat hangers.

Nice- the Macgyver of fly fishing.

acristickid - not really. More like one of the three stooges!

jrcll wrote:
ahh duct tape, safety wire and zip ty`s

are you a cereal killer ? the Coco Puff killer ?

i actually had no choice with using duct tape for a muffler fix, all i had in the trunk, it did last for about ten miles. now i carry a full assortment of gear just in case. but now that i am getting addicted to fly fishing i may need a bigger car. LOL

Back