Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Thank You Rain

Fished a small stream before work yesterday to test out some new ties. This stream was getting VERY low... Have to say, the recent rain was very much needed. Only had about 45 mins to an hour. Worked about a 75 yard stretch, from the bottom of a dhalo section, up to a newly finished TU project (bank stabilizer). Fished a peeking caddis pattern I found on YouTube tied up by Johnny Utah. Only real difference was he used sparkle yarn to immitate the head of the caddis peeking out, and I used green craft foam. Still worked on this perrty girl. Happy she was hungry and all done up in her fall attire. Picked up a few dinks, and some stinky ass chubs. When a dog just about gave me a heart attack, it was time to get ready for work. Those that fish this creek know about a mean ass dog right above a deep pool. Next time I'm bringing a bone lol, that thing is RELENTLESS

Attach file:

jpg  image.jpg (154.87 KB)
1668_525fdede78599.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2013/10/17 9:09

Re: Thank You Rain

From Ohio
Love the red on that fish.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 12:54

From Da 'Berg, PA
nice butter belly.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 13:28

From Ferguson Twp.
That's one nice looking brownie.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 19:14

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Wow, really nice. It's almost hard to believe THAT fish came from THAT stream! The wild Browns are hard to come by in that one. Is it no longer getting a Fall stocking of Bows in The DHALO?...that would certainly help the Browns I think. And yes, that dog sucks.

Posted on: 2013/10/17 19:23

No fall stockers this year... I like this tho. Gives the local wild browns a chance to enjoy the winter in solitude. The browns are in there, in fairly good numbers too. Just gotta know where to find em. I've caught wild fish well below the dhalo in the fall/winter months. There are stretches, that are completely void of life however... Then you come across a 100 yd stretch of water that has all kinds of life. I like this because I RARELY see anyone on this creek. Granted, most of them are between 6-10". This past spring, I spooked an easy 18" fish out of some riffles down below the regs section. That red adipose stuck out like a sore thumb lol. Here's another good fish I took on an Iron Lotus back in May.

Swattie, shoot me a pm we can get out sometime and I'll see if I can get you on a one of these little butter bellies

Attach file:

jpg  image.jpg (221.38 KB)
1668_526075445a17b.jpg 960X720 px

Posted on: 2013/10/17 19:41

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Yeah, that's another nice one. Will do. Don't fish it much and probably haven't in over a year. Usually caught mostly stockers with the occasional little wild Brown. Nothing like those fish though. Usually fish the same stretch you're talking about. Never hit it under good conditions like it sounds like you did though.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 1:13

From Harrisburg
Great fish! There's a pretty good population of tiny wild browns in the upper reaches of the DHALO, but I've only caught a few reasonable sized wilds in the whole creek- and they seem to have very different patterns to the younglings I'm catching. Like yours- a sparseness to the spot pattern.

One huge surprise this year was catching what I believe is a young wild trout in one of the bottom-most reaches of the stream. This is a heavily stocked (and then forgotten) section near a farm, and I never would have guessed it to hold a wild.
Resized Image

However, that was in May, and the water was still cool enough at that time. Perhaps there's more movement in that stream than I give credit for.

Posted on: 2013/10/18 13:59

From LV
No rain here in the LV, only had 4 inches since Sept. 1

Posted on: 2013/10/21 8:39

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com