Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Teaching

From danville pa
I've only been fly fishing about two years now and still don't know very much but my 12 year cousin asked me to teach him so I took him out today and hooked him into a couple brookies I didn't get anything myself but it felt really good to teach him and on his last fish I went to net it for him slipped and fell in a bit cold but still a fun day

Posted on: 4/12 19:27

Re: Teaching

From Mechanicsburg PA
Most satisfying when you teach what you've been taught AND when your student outperforms you. Great feeling and perpetuating the sport. Congrats!

Posted on: 4/12 21:05

From Skwentna / Wasilla, Alaska

Hi,

That's very cool, and I know you felt good about his being successful. I have taught many people to cast & fish, I do it as employment here in Alaska and although I do not fish when I have people with me I get a great deal of pleasure seeing them have fun and new experiences. My profile explains what I do for a living.....

Ard

Posted on: 4/13 18:29

From Media, PA
I teach for food......just joking; a friend bought me dinner recently after I took him to several of my spots and got him to catch so many trout he lost count for the first time. I first gave him some basic lessons last year and he stated catching fish from then on after being skunked previously. It really does make you feel good and reinforces your knowledge of basic skills. I used to coach tennis and it really helped my game at the time. You got to see all the mistakes so you could then try not to make them as well.

Posted on: 4/13 19:34

From Skwentna / Wasilla, Alaska
When you said, "I teach for food" it reminded me of a thread that ran here over the early winter. The basis of it was that if you accept gas or food or lodging when you take someone fishing and show them what to do you are acting as a guide............... The back and forth was long running on the topic.

Posted on: 4/15 1:57

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Do you keep a fishing journal?
Yes 52% (85)
No 47% (78)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/8/22 12:38
1 Comment

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com