Tea creek pfbc

buzzonthefly

buzzonthefly

Does any one know what the Pfbc was doing on Tea creek today?

A few weeks ago there was a huge accident (at the same location as the concrete spill). An 18 wheeler ripped through the guide rail and a man and his dog died. He was unfound for 15 days. They only found him when they came by to do guide rail repairs.

There may be a clean-up because of this.

Or they may be doing a survey on the trout population because it's been a few years since the last one.

Side note, when I first moved to Lewistwon I liked Tea, but I think it has gone backwards the last couple years. I don't see or catch as many fish as I used to. Shame too, because it was responding well after the concrete disaster.

I do know that some people have stocked it lately. Plus a dam was built at Reedsville Fire Co. At first I thought it was horrible to build that dam, but them I thought it was good because it was keeping those fingerling bows out. However, I now wonder if fish that swim down into the kish cannot return to spawn.

The upper reaches of Tea are supposed to be intacked but I have not even seen a fish up there.

Also the sucker population has exploded.

Shame too, becuas that stream doesn't get above 60 in the Summer or below 50 in the Winter.

I've only ever fished Tea once, back in 2000. Left thinking, "what a great looking stream, shame it doesn't fish better". Was late May, nary a bug at 8-9 PM.

I came across a young guy with a bucket streamside. I ventured over to talk to him and saw that he had three large trout in the bucket. He told me he'd taken them out of Kish Creek earlier that evening and was putting them into Tea. He said "pretty illegal, but......" shrugging his shoulders. He told me that the fishing had dropped off bigtime in Tea Creek etc. in justifying what he was doing.

Back