Summer is for Brookies

skybay

skybay

Summer is for Brookies and the rattlesnakes.

What a great time at Westmoreland County. Caught few 4 -6 inch sweet natives on size 18 caddis and slate drakes. Climbing the creek almost put my hand on resting 4 feet rattlesnake.

Attachments

• westmoreland1.jpg
    westmoreland1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 8
  • westmoreland2.jpg
    westmoreland2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2
Jared: you are not permitted to come to Westmoreland County without contacting me. It is a rule-- ask any out-of-towner.

As a Westmoreland weekender resident, I agree. Stream looks familiar....

Sorry Jack, I did not know, gimme a break, I swear I returned all the Brookies...

Did you catch any on "Jared's Carpet Munching Leech"?

skybay wrote:
Sorry Jack, I did not know, gimme a break, I swear I returned all the Brookies...

Oh, you can take the legal brookies, that's what God made them for. I just mean, I like to know when friends are around.

Here... (late August several years ago) sharing the love:

Attachments

• poolandrod3_800.jpg
    poolandrod3_800.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 2
I need to meet more of you guys

Jack; this is quite correct but you may take all the Brookies if you want to when you lucky and fish on Mellon’s lands, :)

Attachments

• mellons land.jpg
    mellons land.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 3
Is that one of the Mellons, wading the creek?

No Jack this is Blue Heron - the bird

Have not caught any washed-out tigers the Mellons stock yet this year. Plenty of eloped Pheasants and Chukars along my fence row though!!

Only when if it's not boiling hot. Brookies need a rest when the water gets low they get bunched together in pools sometimes shoulder to shoulder and when you see them like that you should just move on.

JackM wrote:
Is that one of the Mellons, wading the creek?

A water Mellon?

Couldn't resist.

Right summer is for brookies in the shade! I fished five small streams greater poconos/endless mountains yesterday. Had to think about water for me and the fish all day. Heat was OK for me with maxed time in shade. Water temps were often good 59-62, but had to leave a few streams and fish alone. Caught and saw brookies on two streams not an nat repro, public land and fairly remote, maybe not surveyed or low revisit priority. Watched for snakes all day long. :)

good time of year to try some new places fairly close to roads...

snakes?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBdkO0LFpWc

Attachments

• 9305844645_61326ed93b_z.jpg
    9305844645_61326ed93b_z.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 2
Back