Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Sulphurs

From chadds ford,pa.
fished said centre co. stream from friday till moday and there were in fact suphurs...that being said,the #of them coming off were sporadic at best,however,the sulphur nymphs were extremely active,especialy on friday and sunday evening.we were staying right on the creek at the "line camp"and we spent some time "seining"bugs in front of the camp.the small net came up FILLED with dark swimming sulphur nymphs almost every dip on friday afternoon...MANY FISH caught on different sulphur patterns.amazing few days.also watched a large crow take an immature bobcat "to school"for @10 minutes on saturday evening;the crow would hop down a large downed tree to the end till the little bobcat would lunge at him at which point he would fly up to the top of the log and start the "game"over again...fun to watch.

Posted on: 2013/4/30 22:57

From Elizabethtown
So from what I've gathered from this thread is that we might have a couple days before the word is out and the masses show up. Think I'll hit my fav river thurs-friday.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 0:10

Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:

With last year's hatch being so early, that means eggs were laid early, nymphs hatched early, started growing early, etc.

That's my theory too. Last year's hatches were so early that this year's bugs got an early start on life, so are maturing early this year, even though it's been a cool spring.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 7:39

The myth of the hatch chart. Hatches have always been all over the place and global warming and the weird drought/flood year cycles haven't been helping much IMHO. Need to get out and fish and see what's happening.

Looks like I need to start tying sulphurs.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 7:43

From Chester County
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:

With last year's hatch being so early, that means eggs were laid early, nymphs hatched early, started growing early, etc.

That's my theory too. Last year's hatches were so early that this year's bugs got an early start on life, so are maturing early this year, even though it's been a cool spring.

QG's, Hendricksons, grannoms all hatched early last year......right on time this season. Unusually cold spring temps delayed hatching.

When you see hendricksons...fish hendricksons.......when you see sulphers...fish sulphers, etc.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 8:10

From Dauphin
ive seen sporadic sulphurs in my area already. I have also seen gigantic march browns a week or so ago.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 11:14

Sunday I saw a few sulphurs on Clarks and alot of craneflies. I was near the AT section.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 20:50

Quote:

afishinado wrote:
Quote:

troutbert wrote:
Quote:

pcray1231 wrote:

QG's, Hendricksons, grannoms all hatched early last year......right on time this season. Unusually cold spring temps delayed hatching.

When you see hendricksons...fish hendricksons.......when you see sulphers...fish sulphers, etc.

I just don't buy into this theory. We've had abnormally warm springs for decades and decades, off and on. It happens. Hatches appear early, on schedule or late, dependant on the weather. And it never changed the overall picture. The hendricksons and blue quills were right on schedule in the Kettle Creek area this year. And the caddis are right on schedule on the Tully this year.

Posted on: 2013/5/1 21:47

« 1 2 (3)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Goal during a day on the water....
Catching a single fish makes me happy 19% (18)
I want to catch every fish in the stream 4% (4)
50 dinks is a dream day 2% (2)
Only want to catch big fish 9% (9)
Catching the toughest fish in the steam is my goal 4% (4)
Beautiful place, hit the hatch and whatever happens, happens 29% (28)
Who cares? It beats work. 30% (29)
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll closed at 2014/11/27 22:13
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com