Spring Creek tips

NCPAtrtbum

NCPAtrtbum

Didn't really know where to post this but, it's a great listen by two respectable gentlemen.
http://www.orvisnews.com/en/FlyFishing/Tips-on-fishing-spring-creeks-with-orvis-ceo-dave-perkins.aspx

Plenty fine to post it here if your intention is to share an interesting article of general fly angling interest. This could also be OK in Tips and Tricks. Just try to avoid posting things that are 90% advertisement and 10% helpful info. That would probably get old quick.

Could go in the Audio/Video/Book section as well.

I've listened to a lot of the podcasts on my iphone through the car stereo driving. I can't ever remember hearing any product placement. I'm about 13 m in this one and no inkling of a product placement. Basic but accurate info for those new to spring creeks.

This has reminded me. I am still looking for an answer for the differences between LV and CV limestoners in regards to vegetation. The best I can tell, the CV limestoners have softer/siltier bottoms and lower gradients thus resulting in much more vegetation. I am not sure what the stream bed v. gradience ratio is though.

Uggg. Dave Perkins suggested frequently getting into the stream is a good thing.

Uggg. He just said these fish are usually feeding in a heavy hatch.

He is not relegated to Lee-tort.

Yea I didn't agree with getting into the stream so much either.

Sorry if this seemed like some kinda of push for Orvis products, didn't think that would have been an issue posting this.

NCPAtrtbum wrote:
Didn't really know where to post this but, it's a great listen by two respectable gentlemen.
http://www.orvisnews.com/en/FlyFishing/Tips-on-fishing-spring-creeks-with-orvis-ceo-dave-perkins.aspx

No issue at all (that I can see). Post the winners IMO.

I enjoy the Orvis podcasts. They are informative and they do have a few plugs here and there, but not too many. This last one was good, and yes, I caught the part were Perk talked about walking in the stream. There's always a few things that dont apply to the local streams, but that's mostly because they are trying to keep them very broad to cover the entire US.

Back