Spring Creek Memorial Day Patterns

ian_brown

ian_brown

I'm going to be fishing Spring Creek for the first time over Memorial Day weekend, and have been told there is a great Sulpher hatch. I've been told to buy cut-wing sulphers from Flyfisher's Paradise. What else should I tie to prepare?

Ian - Make sure you have some sulphur nymphs - light ones in a size 14, dark ones in a size 16. Partridge and orange , and Partridge and yellow wet flies, and I carry cut wing duns, comparaduns, and parachutes size 14 and 16 in both pale yellow and orange, rusty spinners in size 14 & 16.
Fish the nymphs until you see some rises, but not a lot of duns and switch to the wets. When the fish start taking duns, switch to them. When the fish quit taking the duns, switch to spinners. If I could only use four different flies, I'd use a nymph, Partridge and orange, orange comparadun, and rusty spinner all in size 16.
I'll be on Spring next week, but we always head home on Friday night to avoid the crowds - and it WILL be crowded. There's always room if you don't mind walking though. Good Luck!.....Ed

Back