Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2)

Re: Split Opener - Impression?

From flemington, nj
I drove up from SNJ to watch the action of elbow to elbow fishing on the penney, saw alot of C&R going on. Was mostly happy to see alot of families fishing and spending time together. They never catch all the trout as this morning me and my daughter 7 yrs old both had many fish in an hour. We always keep one for her to take home. Kids don't see the crowds as we do, just rememeber spending time fishing with Dad. After next weekend most forget about the trout in those streams and the streams are open to all the serious fishing folk.

Posted on: 2007/4/2 16:29

For me it was a great day,didn't catch much,spent most of the time keeping the coffe going and watching my 14 y/o son have a blast.He caught 5 and I caught 3 and all went back.At least we got to spend our time out with a few friends even earlier than normal.And to me that is what it is all about.As for the size of the fish,didn't seema any bigger than last year.

Posted on: 2007/4/2 20:01

From Pine Grove
I finally got to go out to a stocked stream yesterday, and was ready for the cleaned out holes and no fish. This is a stream that I fish all summer and usually up to the last day of extended season. It gets a ton of pressure to the point where elbow room is not a figurative phrase. Turns out that my fear of being in a border county was unfounded. I was somewhere in between 10 and 15 chubby stocked brookies when one of my high school buddys came walking out of the woods with a bucket. Talk about timing. I had no idea the truck was coming, and apparently, very few other people did either. It was sweet. Tons of fish, and 2 or 3 blue hairs in sight, sitting on buckets dunking worms. I had the dang place to myself. Missed one fresh off the truck at about 24". Most of the stocked fish were around 11 or 12, with a few in the 14-15 range. All in all a nice day to be out. If anybody wants to duck the first day crowds next year, PM me. There are plenty of places to find solitude and fish.

Boyer

Posted on: 2007/4/3 9:07

From LV
The inquirer don't know squat!

Posted on: 2007/4/3 16:28

Troy,

I think you'll find the reasons for the regional opening days on the PFBC web page. A quick list that is probably not all inclusive would be as follows: warm water and low flows on a number of SE streams in early May resulting in lost fishing opportunities and reduced stocking, less time from stocking to opening day = less losses to natural mortality, increasing conflicts with other family activities in mid-April.
Mike

Posted on: 2007/4/3 22:29

From bucks cty
I live right by the stocked section of the Neshaminy here in Bucks Cty. Last year the water was well into the 70s by early May and most of the fish were gone. For this area I think it made sense to open the season early. This year the weather reduced the opening day crowds, or at least sent them home earlier than normal on Saturday. With the cold weather we are having this year we may not get a good picture of how this will work out in the long run.

Posted on: 2007/4/4 12:30

From Dallastown, PA
Here are some picture from the Opening Day in Souther York County. Not of fishing so much as of our fundraising for TU. We did OK this year raising $425 net for Conservation.

Attach file:

jpg  100_1463.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  100_1465.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  100_1466.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  100_1467.jpg (0.00 KB)

jpg  100_1468.jpg (0.00 KB)

Posted on: 2007/4/8 10:45

« 1 (2)

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls
Will you be fly fishing this autumn?
Yes
No
Thinking about it
_PL_TOTALVOTES
The poll will close at 2014/10/31 17:56
Comments?

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com