Spey

S

Seafood

Any speycasters in SE PA?

As of a week ago, yes. :)

Just returned from a steelhead trip on the Deschutes (which I posted about a day or so ago here in the general forum) where I spey casted for the first time. Guide we had was a great teacher and I was feeling good about casting after just the two days.

Loved the spey. Can't say enough about it vs. traditional casting w/ bigger, heavier rods.

In the market for an 8 or 9 weight ASAP.

I'm in SE PA, and I have an Albright spey rod that I picked up from STP early this year for cheap ($85, I think). I intend to use it for steelhead in Erie this fall. Owning a rod does not a spey caster one make, but hopefully I'll get the hang of it.

STP has one spey rod available now: Redington RedFly Spey Rod

You guys ever try your spey rod out for big water smallmouth?

Just curious as I am building a switch rod for Steel and have been thinging of other uses for it.

Kevin

i have used mine on the delaware for smallies, stripers, walleyes and catfish. Oh and tiger trout above new hope...at the time I had only my 14 ft. 10wt. but the switch rods would be perfect for the river.. with the juvy shad runnin down and the zebra caddis #10 hatching a long cast is just right 60-90foot. I use my switch on pine.

Back