South central PA destinations

J

justaredneck

hello to all, i'm a fairly recent addition to this forum(been a lurker for some time though) and i was wondering if any of the members fish the blair-bedford-huntingdon co. area. i hear very little about my 'home waters' other than the little J and FF only area on yellow ck.

I fly fish all over the place in huntingdon county. you probably will not hear to many people talk about streams in this area outside the little J. Most are smaller unknown streams that guys just dont talk about over the internet. Some will give you info through PM's. There is a good stream close to saxton that I love fishing. Trough creek has a decent amount of trout that are catchable most of the season. and there are plenty of hard hitting smallies in that stream also.

thx for the repy, I fish trough creek and yellow creek about 95% of the time. Just lookin' to broaden the horizon a bit, thinkin of tryin some of the smaller streams behind alexandria.

I'm not trying to be a smart "a" but if you have not already get your self a penn. atlas and gazetteer. A book or two of trout streams of pa and go get em. Trout streams of pa, guide to penn limestone streams,fly fishers guide to penn come to mind. I suggest this because a long time ago whenever I used to ask that question they would get that far away deer in the headlights look. Good luck

Back