Some Recent Fish

Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

A few recent fish of interest.

I have never seen a shad before, let alone hook one on the mouth. A big Bucket Mouth was fun. It has been fun fishing the dirty high water.

A shot Fishpond Boat Net I carry for scale.

Attachments

• Hog_Snout.jpg
    Hog_Snout.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Bigen.jpg
    Bigen.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 19
  • SpawnColors.jpg
    SpawnColors.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Bucket.jpg
    Bucket.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Dotz.jpg
    Dotz.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Jaws.jpg
    Jaws.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Shad.jpg
    Shad.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Dotz2.jpg
    Dotz2.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 16
  • Beast_Image6666.jpg
    Beast_Image6666.jpg
    142.9 KB · Views: 17
  • BoatNet_InJungle.jpg
    BoatNet_InJungle.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 16
Wow!
Awesome and motivating pics (as usual). The shad is indeed weird. And the bass is a pig! Maybe 5 or 6 lbs(?)

This autumn, with all the high water levels, ought to make for some great streamer fishing for trophy fish.

I am in awe about the large brown trout pictures you post!

Thank you Mr. Night_stalker! I always enjoy your posts. Kudos on the shad, never caught one before.

You catch the fish in the 30-inch trout posts only you dont catch them when they move into a bottleneck in a small stream to spawn. Great fish.

Brian,

Good Lord Man your roll ain't gonna end is it.:lol:
Awesome stuff!

Thanks for sharing!

Dave, streamers are year round...not just autumn.

Moon1284:

I'm not sure what you are saying.

Spawning time is a NO FISHING time. Take note of where the redds are and then avoid wading completely. It is a good time to spot fish and take photos. This can be varied by stream greatly and can be from October to January for brown trout.

Keeping tabs on fish during the spawn allows you to know when "post-spawn" fishing action may start. I stay way clear of "nursery streams" and look for a migration to marginal / warm water streams that attract the post-spawn feeding.

Some streams have fish that are much more colorful than others. Some fish I have posted have lots of color year round. I do not ever knowingly fish to pared up or spawning fish. Leave the rod at home or in the truck and take the camera.

BTW, I have not reached 30-inches...yet. I have knowledge of some and have seen some.

There is not much sport in fishing to a "bottleneck of spawning fish" in a small stream. Walk away.

Night_Stalker wrote:
Moon1284:

I'm not sure what you are saying.

Spawning time is a NO FISHING time. Take note of where the redds are and then avoid wading completely. It is a good time to spot fish and take photos. This can be varied by stream greatly and can be from October to January for brown trout.

Keeping tabs on fish during the spawn allows you to know when "post-spawn" fishing action may start. I stay way clear of "nursery streams" and look for a migration to marginal / warm water streams that attract the post-spawn feeding.

Some streams have fish that are much more colorful than others. Some fish I have posted have lots of color year round. I do not ever knowingly fish to pared up or spawning fish. Leave the rod at home or in the truck and take the camera.

BTW, I have not reached 30-inches...yet. I have knowledge of some and have seen some.

There is not much sport in fishing to a "bottleneck of spawning fish" in a small stream. Walk away.

Moon is noting that others catch the 30-inch fish when they are in a compromising position and time of year. You catch them outside that window. I believe he meant it as a compliment.

Sorry, but they are pellet feed fish coming from that size of water. I see them all the time on Spruce Creek

Sage,

Thanks for the info. If you're tripping over them in Spruce...I will need to check it out.

There are certainly stocked fish that hold-over for years out in some river systems. Not certain where they go in the warm months...but in the cold months there can be pods of them...and they are naturally fed.

Night stalker-

Salmonoid got it, it was a compliment. Nice job.

Sage-

There are some very big trout in pa, especially in the cv and its apparent night stalker knows how to catch them the right way.

salmonoid wrote:

Moon is noting that others catch the 30-inch fish when they are in a compromising position and time of year. You catch them outside that window. I believe he meant it as a compliment.

Yea, that was my take on it as well.

That said... Sal and NS, I just want you to know that neither of you are in my will, so why are killing me? ;-)

Seriously. Awesome fish.

sage wrote:
Sorry, but they are pellet feed fish coming from that size of water. I see them all the time on Spruce Creek

I'd respectfully disagree with this assertion and think it's off the mark in this case.

Don't assume all these fish came from the stream in the photo (although they may have).

Large wild browns are widespread across various PA watersheds and move around those watersheds seasonally. This includes some small spring creeks and connecting tributaries. Nightstalker has done his home work and logged a bunch of man-hours studying these movements and patterning these fish.

Night stalker, great fish man!!! Love those big browns. Been a while since we talked glad to see your still on em’!

And I agree, the fishin has been good in this recent high water.

Moon, if you are referring to me about “bottleneck spots”, it’s funny stuff. I’ve logged 1000s of days on the 5 or so streams that I get the 26 to 30 in class fish in. I know for the most part, obviously it varies a bit, when the peak spawn is on each water. It’s not hard to avoid them and I stay out if there’s question. But early on or after the peak spawn, theres lots of available fishing. If you come upon active spawners, avoid them. It’s that simple.

Nice work as always, NS.

I know enough to know generally where NS fishes (and I don't mean GPS coordinates), and I'd bet more of these fish are wild than not. He's catching fish that break the normal rules of trout fishing, because they want to be bass. They exist in the gray area between the two, and that gray area is where NS fishes. The man has found a natural niche with a lot more big fish in it than I think any of us ever realized.

Back