Software upgrade for posting pix

1wt

Just like brookie, who couldn't post a pic of the leeches on the trout he caught, why doesn't PAFF get a software guy to write software that any pic will be posted on here with little effort and always the proper size. 1kb or whatever, but all pix could be a nice to see pic about 6" by 6". Now the pix here are ridiculous! Most are too small to see. Last month Maurice downsized my pix to a way too small size for anyone to see!! You can have a big pic with only 1kb?
I know a few software developers who could fix that problem in a couple mins. I can't, I can't even get a pic to post!!!
Everybody is downsizing and going to photobucket and most pix are too small to see.
A software developer could make all the pix posted very easy and all would be the same.... a perfect low kb with a half page size.
If it's a money thing, maybe someone who visits this site could modify the software for free?
When someone clicks a pic to post....... the software will automatically change to the size and shape that would be the best for this site.

Stay thirsty, my friends!

I have not experienced much trouble posting pics to the forum. If necessary, I re-size them with MS Office Picture Manager.
From what I see, they post fine and at a size that is easily viewable.

Storage of large files can become a problem quickly with the large number of users of this forum. IMHO of course and I have been known to be wrong.

Dave

Or instead of demanding a site you use for free upgrade/invest in more software, you could easily sign up for free hosting on photobucket or picassa, etc or maybe even pay to host your pictures on Smugmug or similar and just link your pics in your posts, no need to resize.

First of all I did not downsize your photos. I simply loaded them through the "sites photo management program". I simply took the code of the original pic that you lazily, and inconsiderately I might add, cut and paste into the text and pasted it into the Photo manager module in the text editor. (again, another feature provided for free that all the complainers seem to not use).

After clicking the orange photo input module you simply enter the text of any pic you have somewhere online. Then click OK, Then enter the position you want it to appear R,L,Center, then Click Yes, Then Click the Image width.......this is set at 300 pixels. A marvelous size for thumbnails so it doesn't blow the margins.

So the pics you say are too small to see are actually only thumbnails that can be clicked on for a larger size to appear magically due to the sites FREE photo manager.

This option for posting pics is in addition to the upload manager which allows you to add a pic that becomes hosted on this site. Because of the logistics of holding onto these that method has been limited to 150k recently.

It is a pet peeve of mine to see people post their pictures from a copied and pasted URL from a hosting site that holds their high res pics without consideration to the reader who then has to scroll from left to right to read the text. If I have time I usually try to do a service to the reader by kindly resubmitting the pics through the FREE photo manager available here "the correct way", to make the post more enjoyable to read.

/Users/ianshumaker/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Masters/2011/07/06/20110706-180337/Taking-a-Dip-Bengal-Tiger.jpg

Back