Register now on PaFlyFish.com! Login
HOME FORUM BLOG PHOTOS LINKS

Sponsors

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Snitz Creek Microbrewery - Lebanon, PA

From Southeastern Pa
I love me some wild natives. correcting someone for the wild/native thing only does one thing: it shows everyone else how desperate you are to look like you know something IMHO.

Posted on: 1/19 19:21

^ Yep, I'm sure that's why Salmonoid sent them a note on the subject.

I know it's the same reason I brought up the PFBC funding to you after reading your letter in the "House Bill" thread. I didn't do that to help your cause and make sure the elected official you were communicating with, who probably already knows the agency's funding, takes you seriously.

Posted on: 1/19 21:28
"I think I fish, in part, because it's an anti-social, bohemian business that, when gone about properly, puts you forever outside the mainstream culture without actually landing you in an institution." John Gierach

From Enola, PA
First saw them at Brewfest this past spring. The tap handles caught my attention. The Brown Trout Stout is very very good in my opinion.

Posted on: 1/20 8:25

uhh...nevermind

From Hershey
I will be checking out the brewery soon.
On a related note. Has anyone fished Snitz?

Posted on: 1/20 13:50

From South Lebanon Township, PA
Quote:

troutpoop wrote:
On a related note. Has anyone fished Snitz?

Yes. The more freestone like headwaters holds Brookies and there’s a few “native” Browns further down. The lower sections are ATW and get pounded…lots of tents near the bridges around opening day. There’s quite a few sizable limestone springs that contribute to it, so I always think it should be a nicer stream than it is but such is the case with nearly all of the Lebanon Valley streams.

Squatch and I got kicked out of one such un-posted section once where a significant limestone spring enters it and almost doubles its flow. I almost let myself get drawn into a debate with the lady about posting her land if she didn’t want folks fishing it, but in the end I should have asked permission first, despite it not being posted. It was below freezing that day, and the water coming in from the spring was 52 deg…

I’ll definitely be trying the brewery since I’m so close, but I’ll probably fish elsewhere.

Posted on: 1/20 14:17

From Hershey
I tried to find evidence of brookies by scouting and dapping a fly but no luck. Around the iron furnace? Caught some browns and rainbows farther down. Seemed to be some wilds among both. The upper part just seemed like a fine silt maybe from the ore mining.
On a similar note, there is some major erosion (basicaly landslides) taking place in the headwaters from all the cutting and spraying they are doing along 322 on top of the mountain.

Posted on: 1/20 17:21

Walk up the river to the cedar trees, follow the sun and catch a nice cool breeze

From South Lebanon Township, PA
river - PM Sent.

Posted on: 1/20 18:21

From Harrisburg
After enjoying their beer, I tried to find Snitz creek last year using the GPS guide. It took me to some farm field. The creek itself was only 4 or 5 feet wide.. so I didn't bother to try. I went to another section and it was maybe 6 feet wide and right behind a large row of houses. I was not in the mood to fish fairly sterile water in someone's back yard, so I just went for Quitty instead.

Are there any parts of Snitz that look and feel like a real trout stream? My impression is that it's just a water/runoff trail that they throw fish into for locals.

Posted on: 1/22 12:06

From Ephrata, PA
It's a beautiful limestoner and I'd like to fish it in the summer. Other than getting kicked off by that lady, I enjoyed the stream. Hooked into a pretty fish down by the bridge but nothing brought to hand.

Posted on: 1/22 12:51

From West Chester,PA
I was goose hunting over near Annville yesterday and got turned around on the back roads in the snow squalls and accidentally went by it.i was rushing home to West Chester before I got stuck up in Lebanon County.My back up plan was eating and drinking there and getting a motel near by.:)

Posted on: 1/22 13:16

Visited the brewpub on Sat., Jan 25, with my granddaughter. Great beer and great food. Rod and reel beer taps are outstanding!!! A must see for flyfishermen.

Posted on: 1/29 10:08

Webmaster
Ron,

Geez I missed you by couple hours. You drove all the way from Indiana for a beer!

Dave

Attach file:

jpg  500.jpg (86.42 KB)
1_52e94913521d9.jpg 500X333 px

Posted on: 1/29 13:31

From Lewisberry, PA
Well I hope everyone is happy, they changed the description on the website

Brown Trout Stout

Named for trout found in the Snitz Creek, this is our personal twist on a classic Irish stout. This beer is extremely smooth and easy to drink, with hints of cocoa, caramel, and roasted barley.

4.6% ABV, 25 IBUs

Posted on: 1/29 14:31

From Honky Tonk Lagoon
Stopped by the brewery yesterday and had a great time - Tried the Apple Weiss and the Woodland Pale Ale - great brews. Wife & I had the burgers, not too shabby. Went home with a pint glass.
Good trip.

Posted on: 2/2 7:50

From Pennsylvania
Now if the Snitz had some native browns or wild browns I'd be impressed

Posted on: 2/2 16:30

« 1 (2) 3 »

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Site Content
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Stay Connected

twitterfeed.com facebook instagram RSS Feed

Sponsors
Polls

Copyright 2014 by PaFlyFish.com | Privacy Policy| Provided by Kile Media Group | Design by 7dana.com