Smoky Mountains Trip Journal 2007

JackM

JackM

Staff member
Here is a link to a photojournal I put together from our recent trip to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. There are a bunch of photos to view and it may take time for them all to load. Gino and I had a great time and we extend our thanks to everyone who participated for sharing the fun and the costs. It wouldn't have been half as enjoyable without the rest of you. For those who didn't come, maybe this will raise your interest for next year.

Smoky Mountains Trip Journal 2007

Nice Journal Jack but i'm only in one pic with a partial head shot.... :-o

thanks jack:

Looks like a ton of fun was had. I am disappointed i could not make it this year. Next year for sure.

Sorry Fred, I didn't take a lot of people pictures. I was hoping Dave or Ryan would have some more so I can expand the collage.

Nice job with the pic's! Gino is become quite the young man since the first time we saw him!

PaulG.
I don't know what Gino was like when you last met him but he is a kick *** fisherman now. The last day he literally could do no wrong.....and some of us more experianced blokes could do no right....

Bruno.
Your presence was missed. Mostly we missed all the food you brought last year. We could have used your help to kill a few bottles.

Darn that looks like it was fun, I didn't realize the Southern folks had such great looking streams.

i am going to get my leg chopped off if I have to make it next year.

I am fully planning on bringing Sopressata, Coppa Cecca, Olives and some funky cheese to the JAM for your beer drinking enjoyment

Hey, Ryan I couldn't get those waiters repaired but orvis is having some crazy promo that if turn in a pair of busted orvis waiters they will give 25% off a new pair hehe :lol: And here is they only pic of me that I have Jack and also I just bought the same camera that Dave has for 200 bucks off of ebay ........

Nice fish, Fred!

>>Darn that looks like it was fun, I didn't realize the Southern folks had such great looking streams.>>

In my view, the trout streams of the southern Appalachians are the most beautiful I've ever fished, including anywhere out west.

Jack: Did you fish elsewhere this trip besides the Little River and Abrams watersheds?

RLeeP:

Me and Gino stayed in those watersheds. I think Beeber, Larry and Fred fished in the West Prong of the Little Pigeon and maybe also in the Cherokee, NC area. I'll let them chime in as I am a little sketchy on exactly where they went.

Jack,

I'll have some pictures for you this afternoon.

How about Fred's picture? I've never seen someone so angry about catching a brown in the Smokies!

Fred,

You're going to love that camera... it takes some great pictures!

How about Fred's picture? I've never seen someone so angry about catching a brown in the Smokies!

Dave, that was not anger that was the face of a man on a mission

In addition to what Jack said, we fished the Oconaluftee River, a trib of the Oconaluftee, and Striaght Fork. Those rainbows were quite cooperative everywhere we went.

I don't give a fork where you fish, it was all forking good!

Fred was probably passing gas when he landed that brownie. That was a look of intense concentration. I hope his waders have a warranty that covers melt-holes from toxic fumes!

beeber

Jack,

Again with the Rangers? Well, now I know it's not just me. Looked like you guys had a good time. I'm sorry I missed it.

Hank

smokymntbrown.jpg

My best fish of the trip... took a size 16 yellow stimulator before dark on the Metcalf Bottoms stretch on the Little River... Fred was kind enough to snap a pic for me on my phone.

I second the notion that Fred was burning holes in his waders far too much... I'm just grateful he wasn't around last year for John and Matt's gut rotting food!

I modified the journal a bit with a few more fish pictures and more people pictures, including the group photo we took Saturday night, sans Gino.

nice pics jack! sure did look like you guys had alot of fun. at least i know now im not the only one that likes beer and whiskey :pint:

"now im not the only one that likes beer and whiskey"

There was plenty of that. Also a goodly amount of Sambuca. FYI it is nice in your coffee in the mornings. Just gotta watch out for WUI's (wading under the influence).

Back